Thursday, March 11, 2010

Long Day


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little sweetie .... is it ever so good to see you!  I had a long meeting after work and didn't get home until 8pm .... over 12 hours away from you!  :-(  I thought of you and daddy the whole time I was gone.  Once I got home, I got to hold and kiss you.  That made my day!  :-)

You had another fun day with Penny.  At 9:15am, you all had music and tummy time.  At 1:30pm, you all were able to get out for a walk before the rain came in.  It was still raining by the time I got home from work.

Daddy read to you this evening while you were playing on the bed.  You started out fussy, but then fell asleep as he was reading.  I moved you into the bassinet and you didn't wake up as I carried you.

Guess what we started today?  Today in our Bible reading we started the Book of Joshua!  There's a verse at the beginning that I found a few days after you were born:

"Be strong and courageous.  Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  (Joshua 1:9)

I wrote that verse out on a little piece of paper and it was taped on your bed the entire time you were in the hospital (8.5 weeks).  :-)

I didn't get to spend a lot of time with you today with work, but tomorrow I can make it up to you.  We'll have fun all day .... and in the evening you'll get to see a lot of people for dinner!

Sleep tight little man!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment