Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Five Months


Dearest Joshua David~

Howdy!  Today you are five months old!  I can't believe 5 months have come and gone that quickly!  It feels like yesterday we were both in the hospital for the emergency C-section .... and here you are!  Healthy and growing strong!  :-)

Today you got to meet 2 more people .... Betsy and Alex Allen .... your Aunt Katie's parents!  They have a house at the beach (Holden Beach), and we're going this weekend to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary!  Yippie!  You'll be able to see the ocean for the very first time.  The weather is suppose to be nice this weekend, so hopefully we'll be able to take a few walks.  We went to the Allen's house to borrow a key to the beach house.  You were sleeping when we got there, but then you woke up as we were all talking.  Betsy got to hold and play with you.  :-)

I did all your laundry today and went ahead and packed your bag for the beach.  We'll be too tired once thursday evening comes along (since daddy and I will both be working), so I went ahead and packed you early.  :-)  That way, we'll just have to load the car friday morning.  :-)

You did really well with your tummy time today!  As soon as I placed you on your belly, you lifted your head and turned from side to side.  Then you smiled at me!  You got tired quickly, so I gave you a break.  The second time we did tummy time, you lifted your head again, but didn't turn your head as much as the first time.  Every little bit helps to strengthen your head and neck muscles, so we'll keep trying!  :-)

Today was your first trip to the grocery store!  We had to get some things to get us through the rest of the week (before we leave town), so we made a quick trip to Kroger.  :-)  We weren't in there for long, but you were awake and smiling at me the entire time.  Once we got back, you were sleeping soundly in the car seat.  :-P

Tomorrow I'll be at work, and you'll be with Penny.  Save a smile and some kisses for me!

Sleep tight!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment