Sunday, March 7, 2010

Four Generations


Dearest Joshua David~

Boy did you have a treat today!  Your Great-Grandparents (Grandpa Jim's parents) came into town to see you!  They live in Asheboro and last saw you when you were in the hospital .... you still had a feeding tube in you back then.  Now, we're guessing you're 11 lbs and healthy!  How wonderful!

They both got to kiss and hug you.  Your Great-Grandma held you for a while.  You were hungry as soon as they came, so I fed you and then I let you all play together.  Your Gigi made some cookies, so your daddy and I ate some as you all bonded.  ;-)

You're a very lucky young man .... not everyone has such an extended family.  You have Great-Grandparents, Grandparents, parents, Uncles, Aunt, Great Uncles, Great Aunts, extended cousins, and even Great-Great Uncles and Aunts.  Whew!  There are too many people to count, and I'm sure I'm not even thinking of everyone!

Speaking of extended family, I think I forgot to tell you .... your Great-Great Aunt Lora (my grandmother's sister on my mom's side) made and sent you a beautiful blanket!  I'll send her a thank you card from you.  ;-)

Today was another wonderful day for weather.  In the morning, you went with daddy and I to run some errands.  You mostly slept, but it was good to get you out in the fresh air.  Tomorrow is suppose to be nice as well. 

Sleep tight little man!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment