Monday, June 25, 2012

Busy Day


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Joshua, you wouldn't fall asleep last night.  So, I ended up sleeping next to you all night.  I don't know what time you actually fell asleep.  I think I fell asleep first.  :-P
We had lots of play time this morning as I folded laundry from yesterday.  Some times I think the laundry is never ending.  Joshua, I increased the amount of applesauce that I give you for your snack time.  You eat close to a cup now without fussing!  Way to go!

After snacks, we headed to Kim's for speech therapy.  Grace and I played in the waiting room.  You did really well.  You said some words without prompting.  I told her how well you've been working/practicing at home.  :-)

We only had a quick stop at home for lunch and new diapers.  Grace, you ate just shy of two hotdogs!

Then, we were off to Rex for a feeding appointment with Krista.  She was impressed that you fed yourself mac and cheese the other day!  You ate a new package of purée today .... it had beets and banana.  You also tried broccoli with cheese.  And, you ate toast with peanut butter .... you loved it!  Your eating has gotten better.  I even told her that I've increased your applesauce and she was excited. 

We were home by 3:45pm.  Grace, you were sleeping so I continued to hold her as Joshua played.  Once awake, I played ball with you two in the living room.  Joshua threw the ball to me, I handed it to Grace, and then she handed it back to Joshua.  Anna came over briefly for some paperwork.  We're going to switch speech therapy to a home therapy in a few weeks and she's helping us.

Daddy came home early and I made chicken nuggets and fries for you two.  Daddy worked on the car and I took you two to the park.  Joshua, you were a pain!  We were there for thirty minutes and you cried pretty much the entire time.  Grace was in the swing and you kept running off to the large jungle gym and wanted to jump off the sides.  I repeatedly told you to go down the slide or the stairs and you continued to disobey in front of several people.  I was so embarrassed.  I put you in the swing next to Grace and you screamed.  So, we went home by 7:30pm and it will be a long time before I take you back there unless you learn to pay attention.  You can not jump off the side of a jungle gym at least 10 feet high.  
This evening we had some puzzle and play time.  Then, it rained and thundered.
Sleep tight little ones!
I love you both so much!
~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment