Sunday, June 10, 2012

Beach


Dearest Gifts~

This morning we all pitched in to clean Penny's place.  We certainly don't want to leave it a mess or else we won't get invited back!  ;-)  Once everything was put back together, we headed back to the aquarium to pick up a package from one of Mimi's friends.  She wasn't working yesterday so we didn't see her then.  Then, we were off to the beach!

Grace this was your first time seeing the beach and the ocean!  Joshua, you've seen the beach and ocean before, but it's been a long time!  Daddy and I covered you both in sunscreen!  I put a sheet down on the sand for us all to sit on.  Then, we walked down to the water.  Grace, you were scared, so I had to hold you, but I didn't bend over and put your little toes in the water.  This is the Atlantic Ocean!  The water was cold, we all felt the ocean!  ;-)  Joshua, you were scared too, but you at least stood there with your feet in the water.  Then, we spent the rest of the time playing in the sand.  We were there for about an hour and then you two appeared to get a little bored. 

So, we headed back to Penny's by 11:30am.  You two ate a little and then we were back on the road to Raleigh by 12:20pm.  I was sad to leave the beach so soon, but I'm sure we'll be back at some point.  It was nice to get away for a weekend with you two and daddy! 

We stopped at 2pm for a restroom break and a late BBQ lunch for daddy and I.  You two were grumpy since you were sleeping in the car and we woke you.  We were finally back home by 4pm.  As soon as we were home, I put some clothes in the laundry and you two got a bath to get all the sand off!  I'll need to clean my car at some point.  ;-)

We ran to Target after some dinner and got groceries for the week.  Then, we went back home to relax the rest of the evening.  Daddy put the movie 'Finding Nemo' on since we went to the aquarium this weekend.  :-)

Joshua, you bit me when flossing and brushing your teeth this evening.  I bled so much that I needed a band-aid.  :-P  Let's not do that anymore ok?  

I hope you all had a great time at the beach.  Maybe we can convince daddy that we need another vacation soon and get away again!  ;-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment