Friday, June 8, 2012

Beach Bound

Dearest Blessings~

At some point Joshua noodled into our bed.  I woke up to use the restroom and he was coughing next to me.  Grace, you slept in your bed all night.  :-)

This morning, I did some laundry and dishes.  Uncle James came over and watched you two as I ran an errand.  I was home in a jiffy in time for your applesauce snack time.  :-)  Once you two were content we headed out for a good time. 

First, we went to a used bookstore.  Uncle James had a coupon there so we wandered around and looked at all the books, movies, and music.  You two mainly wanted to pull every book off the bookshelf.  :-P  I read you two a Thomas the Train book and Joshua found a cars book.  Grace, you started to get fussy since it was getting close to lunch.  

So, we headed to 'Steak and Shake' for some food.  You two split a chicken strips meal with fries.  Surprisingly, you both ate well!  We had no leftovers!  Uncle James and I had burgers.

Once everyone had a full belly, we headed over to two fish stores.  Uncle James got four fish and a snail for his fish tank at Gigi's house.  So, we headed back to Gigi's to put the fish in the tank.  We were there around 2pm and also did a quick diaper change.  We were back at our house by 2:30pm.  Joshua, you continued to nap while home.  Grace, you helped me run multiple loads of laundry to pack for the beach.

We had some snack time and play time downstairs once Joshua woke.  I swept the vacuumed the downstairs and then we 'face timed' with Gigi.

Once daddy got home, we had a quick dinner then finished packing.  We hit the road for the beach at 7:30pm and got to Morehead City by 10:20pm.  Penny gave us a key to her place down there, so we're going to stay here for the weekend so you two can have a beach weekend!  I think we were all sleeping by 11pm.  

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment