Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day



Dearest Gifts~

Today is Veteran's Day!  On this day, we remember and give thanks to all who serve, who have served, to protect our freedom!  It's always on November 11th .... and, today happens to be 11/11/11!  So cool!  :-)

Grace, you woke up at 5am this morning.  Daddy changed your diaper and then I nursed you.  Once you two were both awake, we had some music and play time upstairs.  You two also helped me run some laundry.  We then went downstairs for more playtime and I boiled some hotdogs for Joshua since he ate all of his.  :-)

Joshua, you did pretty well with our mid morning snack time.  You ate half a string cheese stick.  Then, you two helped me sweep and vacuum the kitchen.  Did I tell you all that we covered the wood pile in the study?  I put a big blanket on it since I didn't want you two to get any splinters.  :-P

We saw Gigi and Uncle James for lunch.  They had off for the Veteran's Day holiday and stopped by.  Joshua, you ate some chicken, hotdog pieces, and a cookie.  Grace, you didn't eat the 'stage 3' gerber food .... I think it's too chunky.  Gigi and Uncle James watched you two as I made a really quick trip to Target for some groceries.  It was so strange to go somewhere shopping without you two!  Every time I saw a mom with a child I missed you two!  Usually you both are right there as I'm shopping! 

Joshua, you took a late afternoon nap.  I nursed Grace and then read a little.  Once you two woke, I put a lasagna in the oven and Joshua ate some cheese crackers.  Grace, you ate two containers of a turkey and rice mixture (7 ozs) and some puffs!  Then, I cut Grace's nails.  ;-)

This evening was the official start of UNC basketball with the first season game against Michigan State.  Woo hoo!  We won!  They played on an aircraft carrier, the Carl Vinson, as part of the Veteran's Day celebration.  The president and the first lady were there!  This was the very carrier that had Osama Bin Laden burried at sea in the North Arabian Sea .... I'm sure you'll read all about this is your history books!  Anyway, it was a great way to honor our troops and all who serve .... God bless America!

 Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment