Saturday, November 19, 2011

Empty Downstairs


Dearest Angels~

Little man .... you woke up whimpering at 12:44am.  Gigi went and laid down with you so that you would go back to sleep.  I changed and nursed Grace at 6:45am.  Little lady .... you slept in your crib all night!  

We had a busy morning!  Gigi watched you two as Grandpa Jim and Uncle James helped me move everything out of the downstairs.  The place really echoes now!  ;-)  We had to move everything out so that all the hardwood could be sanded down and stained.  The existing hardwoods are about 13 years old, so we want the old and the new to match.  


We all took a break around 10am for snacks, nursing, and rest.  Once we rested, we finished clearing everything out into the garage, or upstairs, and then I packed up all of your things to move you two to Gigi's house.


We ate lunch at Gigi's house.  You two both ate pretty well.  Then, we spent the afternoon getting you two settled at Gigi's house.  We moved your clothes, food, booster seats, bottles, sippy cups, and toys.  It was a busy day.

Grace, you helped Gigi organize the upstairs for a play room.  Grandpa Jim read Joshua some stories downstairs. 

Later in the afternoon you two went with Grandpa Jim and me to Target.  They didn't have any cookies, but it was nice to stretch our legs and get out of the house.  
Once home, it was getting late in the afternoon.  And, we all needed a rest.  Grandpa Jim took Joshua out for a walk and I adjusted and fit both convertible car seats in my car.  I need to return cousin's Stephanie's infant car seat (which Grace has been using) since she's due in December.

You two ate a pretty good dinner.  We relaxed and played this evening and spent the night at Gigi's house.  Tomorrow I'll go back to the house and pack all of daddy's clothes and my clothes that we'll need for the funeral and the rest of the week.  Daddy called me and the visitation is on sunday and the funeral for (Great) Uncle Ned is on monday.  We'll drive up on monday morning with Aunt Katie.  We'll spend the night in Richmond after the funeral and then come back on tuesday.  You two have never met your Great Grandfather on daddy's side of the family, and Grace has not met (Great) Aunt Allyson. 

Joshua, you were sleeping by 8:30pm.  I nursed Grace to sleep.  

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment