Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Signing More


Dearest Blessings~

Well little lady .... you woke up at 1:18am this morning from your crib.  I nursed you and then you ended up staying in our bed the rest of the morning.  Joshua, you came whimpering into our room at 5:50am.  You ended up in our bed too and then Grace wanted to play!  ;-)  I ended up nursing you, little lady, at 6am.

You all helped me do some chores this morning.  We organized and straightened the playroom.  Then, we swept and vacuumed the kitchen.  We ran the dishes.  We're trying Joshua on some hard top sippy cups now.  So, we ran a lot in the dishwasher to make the transition.  Little man, you're now biting through the soft tops ones, so you need to be using the hard ones.  Plus, you're a big boy now so you should be on those anyway.  :-)

Joshua, you did well today at your occupational therapy and speech therapy appointments.  You held a marker correctly for Mary Beth using the pen grasp all by your self!  You also went through the tunnel, the swing, and used play doh.  You're getting more and more adventurous.  And, you even signed 'open' for Mary Beth!  Woo hoo! 

You also did great with Kim for speech therapy.  You didn't do the 'mmmm' noise, but you correctly identified action words with 60% accuracy.  You also signed for her!  You did 'eat' 'drink' 'all done' and 'open' .... way to go little man! 

You two fell asleep in the car while I was driving home.  So, I let you all continue to sleep when we were back at the house.  Joshua, when you woke up you ate a good lunch for me!  You had some chicken, hotdog, and pizza! 

It was later in the afternoon when you two woke, were fed, changed, and content .... so, I decided to stay here even though it was nice out for a walk.  You two helped me bake some chocolate chip cookies! 

Oh, Joshua, you apparently found a pen on the kitchen table this afternoon while I was trying to put the cookies in the oven.  Before I could stop you, you had drawn on the living room wall!  You can't really notice it right away unless someone points it out.  In fact, I don't even think daddy saw it.  :-P  You know, your Uncle James use to draw on the walls too when he was little!

This afternoon Joshua and I had a cheese snack.  You did your own version of 'more' and 'all done' for me!  I was so proud! 

We ended up spending the whole afternoon downstairs playing.  We didn't even go upstairs until 4:30pm. 

Oh, Joshua, you ate well for dinner too!  Grace, you on the other hand, cried with some strawberry yogurt.  I don't know if you just didn't like it, or if you just weren't hungry when I put you in the chair.  We'll try again later.  :-P

We all played in the bonus room this evening.  Grace, you like to pull my hair.  Joshua, you played with cars, blocks, and drew with daddy. 

Tomorrow's a work day so Penny will be here.  I'll come home as soon as I can!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment