Sunday, November 6, 2011

Daylight Savings


Dearest Gifts~

Today is daylight savings!  That means that we turned our clocks back and hour and gained an entra hour .... that makes today the longest day of the year.  Unfortunately, you two didn't know we gained an hour and woke up at all hours.  :-P

Grace, you fell asleep on me after nursing last night.  Once I put you in your crib, however, you rolled over and like clock work started to scream and scream.  So, you ended up sleeping in our bed.  At 2am, Joshua woke up whimpering and came into our room.  I put him back in bed and slept with him until 5am.  Grace, you woke up again at 5:50am hungry.  So, we changed you and then I nursed you. 

Guess what, they announced the list of winner for the State Fair competitions.  I'm official!  ;-)  They only gave out 4 Honorable Mentions .... or, 4th place, awards for photography.  Go me!  ;-)


This morning I got a quick pump in and then I steam sterilized the pump pieces.  You all helped me prepare the crock pot this morning for our dinner.  We made a potato soup and it was good!  I added more veggies into it than what the recipe calls for.  ;-)

You two also helped daddy and I do some laundry this morning.  Joshua, daddy cut your nails and I gave Grace a bath.  You still have a lot of rough skin and I keep putting lotion on you but I don't see a difference.  We'll have to mention it again to Dr. Medero at your 9 month check up later in the month if things don't clear up.

This afternoon we had a lot of fun.  Remember when we went to Target yesterday?  Well, we got Joshua the movie 'Cars 2' since he loves the first one and he had some birthday money to spend.  We watched it this afternoon with you two!  Joshua, you love those cars!  ;-) 

After the movie, we walked up to the park.  We waited until it was a little warmer out to take you two out.  Joshua, you played in the sandbox, went down the slides, and climbed all over the jungle gyms.  Grace, I pushed you in the swing.  :-)  Then, we put you two in the stroller and we walked up to the shopping center near our subdivision and back.  It was only 2 miles round trip, but you two took a little nap and we all got to stretch our legs and enjoy the weather! 

Speaking of getting out and exercising .... Grandpa Jim did the City of Oaks ½ marathon today and got 2nd place in his age bracket!  Woo hoo!  We'll have to see his metal the next time we see him.  I bet he'll let you two wear it!  :-)

Joshua, this evening was your turn for a nap and I did a quick pump.  Afterward, we all relaxed in the play room.  You two helped me package a box to mail out tomorrow.  Gigi and I are trading in a few electronics that we're not using for some store credit.  We'll see what happens!  We'll drop the box off tomorrow to mail while we're out for Joshua's therapy appointment.

Joshua, you go to bed with a little wooden plane now .... it's the wooden plane that Penny got you from the Fair.  It's so cute!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Looks like he's driving you up the wall! ;-)

    ReplyDelete