Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Remodel


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Little lady, you really surprised me this morning.  You woke up at 5:30am to eat.  Daddy changed you and then I nursed you.  I thought you would have slept longer since you ate so much slid food yesterday.  Are you going through a growth spurt?  Hummmm.

We all played this morning and had some music time.  Then, we headed to Joshua's occupational therapy and speech therapy appointments.  You had fun with Mary Beth, little man!  You went on the swing, played in the rice and bean bucket, and stacked blocks.  She said you have come a long way since she first saw you last.  You really showed off with the blocks, since you like to stack them at home.  We saw Kim for another speech therapy.  We're letting UNC do the food aversion appointments, so we did two speech therapy ones this week.  We did more PECS pictures with a potato head toy.  We're also still working on the 'mmmm' noise.

While we were out, Kenneth and his crew started work on opening the wall between the living room and the study.  He got here around 9:20am.  We left at 9:45am for Joshua's appointments.  I got there early so I nursed Grace in the car once we were there.  We were back home by lunch.  Grace, you ate some fruit and oatmeal mixture.  Joshua, you ate half a hotdog.  They were still working downstairs, so I brought all the food up into the playroom.

We had music time upstairs as they were working.  You two helped me back up my computer once we loaded some more photos onto it.  I kept sneaking downstairs to take pictures and to check on the progress of our remodeling project.  :-)



They left around 4pm.  The final paint work still needs to be done, so they'll come back tomorrow to finish while you two are here with Penny.  It looks great!  You two were already playing in your new area this evening!  I put a comforter on the floor to cover the exposed wood where the wall use to be.  I contacted the hardwood company, and they'll start ripping out our carpet on the 17th!  This will look like a whole new house by December! 



We made some pasta for dinner.  Joshua, you never napped, so you were hyper this afternoon and evening.  Grace, you fought dinner and only ate half of a turkey and veggie mixture.  Joshua, you ate better than Grace!  You had more than half a string cheese, one cookie, some hotdog, chicken, and some pasta pieces.  Wow!  

Tomorrow's another work day, so Penny will be here!  I'll come home as fast as I can! 

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment