Sunday, November 20, 2011

Four Containers


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Grace, you woke up at 2am this morning.  You ate three containers of solid food yesterday, so I thought you would sleep later.  Yesterday it was closer to 6:30am and you ate the same amount.  :-P  

The three of us slept in the rec room at Gigi's house.  Joshua, you were on a twin mattress on the floor, Grace was in a pack and play, and I was on a futon.  I ended up holding Grace after she woke up and went to bed at 3am.  Joshua, you started to whimper at 3:30am so I got on your twin mattress .... still holding Grace!  I got no sleep.  :-P

After breakfast, I went back to the house.  I took a shower and packed clothes for daddy and I for a week since the floors will be sanded and finished starting tomorrow.  We'll have to be out of the house for awhile.  Tomorrow, we're driving up to Virginia with Aunt Katie.  The funeral for (Great) Uncle Ned is at 2pm.  We'll come back on tuesday.  So, I needed to pack everything for the funeral too.

As I was gone, Joshua went to grocery store with Grandpa Jim.  Grace, you stayed with Gigi at the house, but you apparently put up a fight trying to take a formula bottle.  :-P

We were all together for lunch.  Joshua, you made some Thanksgiving Day artwork.  Then, you fought a nap!  Grandpa Jim had to put you in the stroller to get you to sleep!

Gigi made some cookies this afternoon.  She made some chocolate chip ones and some sugar ones.  We also watched the 'Cars' movie .... Joshua, you love that movie!  And, we watched some UNC basketball .... we won!  I packed up the car for our road trip tomorrow.

Grace, you actually took a small 2 oz formula bottle from me this evening and then I nursed you.  I'm testing you on formula since I might have to give back the pump to cousin Stephanie.  If I do, I won't be able to pump while at work unless I rent one.  So, I don't know if my milk supply will dwindle.

Grace, you're starting to let go and stand by herself for a second .... until you realize what's going on!  I wonder when you'll start taking steps.

You both ate well today.  Grace, you ate four containers of solid food today!  14 ozs!  Whoa!  This is the most solid food you've ever eaten!  Joshua, you tried to put some shredded chicken on a spoon to eat it!  What a big boy!  And, Gig noticed that Joshua likes to hum songs now.  So cute!

You two had baths tonight before bed.  We have to be up early to be on the road. 

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment