Monday, November 30, 2009

Your Own Clothes


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello sweet thing! How are you today? You look well! :-)

I came to see you twice today. When I saw you this afternoon, you were sleeping away. I picked you up and just rocked with you for a while. We did a gulp and swallow session and you took 12 ml of milk by breast! Your feedings have gone to 38 ml every three hours, so the rest went into your feeding tube. The nurse this afternoon stated that they will probably try giving you a bottle soon and see how well you do. You're at the gestation age where you'll likely do well.

For the 9pm feeding, daddy came with me. When we got there, you were being weighed and about to have your bath. Good news .... you weigh 4 lbs 6.4 ozs! Wow! You're such a big boy! We tried breast feeding again, and you took 10 ml. You had an active evening with the bath and eye exam, so you seemed a little worn out.

Daddy and I both got to hold you tonight. Your next eye exam will be in another two weeks. Your retinas are still not mature, which is aged related, so they need to keep checking you.

Also, the night nurse stated that your first bottle will be at your 3am feeding later! I hope you do well!

Do you like your penguin outfit? Daddy picked it out from the bag of clothes that we brought in for you. Your gigi (mommy's mom) bought it for you! You're officially in your own clothes! :-)

I thank God everyday for you! Keep up the good work!

I love you very much! :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment