Thursday, November 5, 2009

Getting Bigger


Dearest Joshua David~

Today is your Uncle James's (mommy's brother) birthday! I spoke to him earlier in the day and he told me to give you a kiss for him. As soon as I came to see you, I gave you a nice kiss from your uncle. :-)

Guess what? You're off your IV glucose! They've left the PICC line just in case you need it again. The last two times they checked your blood sugar you were fine. Maybe they can take out your PICC line tomorrow. Then, you'll just have your feeding tube.

Oh, and other good news .... you've gained some weight! You're now 2 lbs 8 ozs! They've increased your feedings to 23ml of milk every 3 hours. You're still adjusting to the increase, so you had some residual milk in your belly when I was there, but it wasn't a lot.

You're in a new bed. You're in the same room, but your bed has changed. As you continue to get healthier, they'll keep changing your bed and room until we can take you home. :-)

I got to hold you today for over 2 hours. They wrapped you like a burrito and I rocked with you as you went to sleep. Every once in awhile, you'd cough or sneeze. You smiled a few times and it was so cute!

I love you very much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment