Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hiccups

Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man! Daddy and I had another good day visiting you today!

We had another session of feeding, trying to get you better at swallowing and breathing. We didn't have a lactation nurse there to help, but the nurse watching over you helped to position us. I'm calling these sessions "gulp and swallow" since you've gone past the "lick and learn" phase. :-) You did well! You started to get the hiccups at the end, and I thought you were going to spit up when I picked you back up! But, you were able to calm yourself and rest against my shoulder as the hiccups went away.

Today your grandpa Jim (mommy's dad) is doing the Arizona Ironman triathlon. Grandpa Jim nicknamed you "Rocky" because you've been such a strong, little fighter since the day you were born. Rocky was a boxer in a series of movies. You'll have to get a lot bigger to see them.


After I held you for a few hours, I passed you on to daddy. You continued to sleep soundly in daddy's arms.


Sweet thing .... you've gained a little more weight. You now weigh 3 lbs 8.2 ozs .... over 3.5 pounds! Mommy's so proud of you! :-)

Before we left, daddy took your temperature and I changed you (just wet .... woohoo!). ;-) Then, we changed your little outfit. You squirmed all around and cried a little as we moved you around. I can tell your lungs are getting a tad bigger since your "cries" are a little louder. As soon as we snapped the last button, you stopped wiggling and smiled at us!

You are so precious little angel!

I love you .... my little miracle! :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment