Friday, November 27, 2009

Six Weeks

Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little precious! How's my sweet boy today? :-) Guess what .... today you are six weeks old (36 weeks gestation)! How exciting!

I came to see you three times today and brought different people with me. For the 9am feeding, I brought gigi (mommy's mom) along. We changed you and took your temperature. You and I worked on gulps and swallows. We tried it this time by ourselves (with no help from lactation nurses) and we did 12ml of milk via your mouth! Yea! You also had a really loud burp that even the nurses chuckled at. :-)

For the 3pm feeding, we came back and did it all over again. This time we only got 6ml, but it's still something. Plus, we got more practice on me holding you correctly. Then gigi got to hold you!

At 9pm, daddy came along, and good thing he did .... mommy was getting pretty sleepy by then! ;-) We had one of the nurses help us, and we got you to take 12ml again! Then, daddy held you while you got the rest of your feeding through the tube. The nurse said that she was proud of you .... and so am I!

We were there for your nightly weigh in .... you are now 4 lbs 2.4 ozs! Getting on up there!

I went out shopping today with daddy and gigi. I got some things for us for the nursery to prepare for when you come home. Hopefully it won't be long until you're here! Can't wait to take you home with me!

I love you little precious! :-)

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Joshua, you are doing so well. I know your Mommy and daddy will be so glad when they can get you home! I can tell such a difference between now and your very first pics. You are growing and filling out and are such a handsome fella!!! Love you! Great Aunt POPS

    ReplyDelete