Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ironman Baby


Dearest Joshua David~

When I came to see you today you were wide awake. You were in the middle of a feeding, so you were a little wiggly. They've increased your feeding to 21ml of milk. And, you've gained some weight! You are now 2 lbs 7 ozs! Keep growing strong!

You're still on glucose, but a small amount (1ml). They'll check your blood sugar again to see if they can decrease it more, or take it off.

I was able to see you for three hours today! And, I held you for most of the time. :-) Daddy came to see us when he got off from work.

You had a new addition to your "hulk" doll. Your (Great) Aunt Beth got you the hulk doll right after I had you, and we were both still in the hospital. It was to remind you to keep fighting and to grow strong! This morning, when your grandpa Jim came to visit you, he added an "Ironman" medal to the doll (my cousin Chris made the "medal" for my dad last Christmas). Grandpa Jim is doing Ironman Arizona later in the month, and he gave you this medal for good luck. :-)

Overall, the nurses say you are doing well. Keep growing!

I love you very much! :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment