Friday, November 20, 2009

Five Weeks

Dearest Joshua David~

Hello sweetie! You are 5 weeks old today (35 weeks gestation)! :-)

We had another good visit at the hospital today. Gigi went with me to the hospital to see you this afternoon. After work, daddy came to meet us.

We had another lactation nurse come in to help us with your feeding lesson. You did really well again. You had a lot of good sucks and swallows. The nurse was guessing you'll be at this "phase" of feeding for another week or so. The lactation nurse stated that once you can take in about half of your feeding by breast, they'll try to initiate bottles. So, right now, your feeding is 32ml. If you can get up to 16ml by yourself, that would be a huge step! The nurse was guessing you were getting between 1-3ml. Once you started to slow down, you had a large burp and then spit up! Ew! ;-) Of course, your tube feeding was going in your belly at the same time, so you probably got a little too much in at once.

After that, I changed your diaper and outfit. Then, I held you for a about two hours. The nurse gave me a little Gator outfit to put on you. You quickly lost your arms in it since it was a little too big!

I pray that you continue to do well!

I love you so much! :-)

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Joshua, you are such a handsome fella!! I so wish I were there to see you...You have such a loving Mother and Father. All of us are so blessed by you, sweet angel. Love you! Great Aunt POPS

    ReplyDelete