Saturday, November 21, 2009

Where Did You Go?


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little sweetie! How are you today? You've gotten so big! You're just shy of 3.5 pounds .... you are 3 lbs 7.8 ozs! And, you're a bit longer .... you are now 36 cm (14.2 in). Though, the nurse said that measuring lengths are never the most accurate since you little babies tend to squirm! ;-)

Today daddy and I saw you for several hours. I held you "Kangaroo Care" style (skin-to-skin) for about 2 hours. You were tucked under my shirt and it was hard for daddy to see you because you wiggled. :-) You got lost in my shirt! Where did you go? :-) You were squirmy and whiny when the nurse took you out of your bed to put you on me. But when I started to talk to you, you calmed down and stopped. It was so cute!


Once we put you back in your bed, you pulled a new stunt .... daddy noticed that you had pulled your feeding tube out of your nose! You wiggled it right out and were so proud of yourself! Of course, we had to call the nurse back over to put a new one back. Sorry little man! Don't worry, one day we'll take it out for good!

Tomorrow grandpa Jim is doing his Ironman race in Arizona. Wish him luck! Last night, mimi and grandpa Mike were there to visit you. Mimi got to hold you for a few hours. Boy, are you popular! :-)

I can't wait to see and hold you again!

I love you .... forever and ever! :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment