Friday, November 13, 2009

Four Weeks

Dearest Joshua David~

Guess what! Today you are four weeks old! I can't believe that four weeks ago today I was in the hospital giving birth to you. Time seems to have gone by quickly. Which means, it won't be long until you can come home with me! :-)

You're feedings have been changed. You are now getting 27ml of mommy's milk every 3 hours! We did another "lick and learn" today, and you were really active! You did well stopping yourself and taking a breath after a few swallows. We used a "nipple shield" to help you "latch." Eventually, we'll try a bottle too. The lactation nurse measured the amount of milk you swallowed and it was over one ml! Good job! One day that feeding tube will come out! :-)

Afterwards, daddy and I both held you. You spit up on daddy! Once we repositioned you more upright, you were fine. I think you had a little too much milk! ;-)

Oh, and every little gram counts! You're now 2 lbs 14.4 ozs! Woo hoo! Three pounds here we come!

Daddy and I learned more about car seats and safety for when we take you home. When it gets closer to that time, you'll need to pass a car seat test to make sure you maintain your vitals for over an hour at a 45 degree angle.

I pray you continue to do well. You're the best thing daddy and I have!

I love you .... forever and ever! :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment