Monday, August 20, 2012

Split Lip And Burned Thumb



Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Oh my oh my .... Grace, you sure woke up grumpy this morning!  I held you in the playroom early as daddy gotready for work.  You eventually fell back asleep in my arms.  Joshua, you woke up around 7:30am. 

Guess what .... you both ate cereal at breakfast!  Wow!  Joshua, you hardly eat solid foods right when you wake up, but this morning you had some cereal with Grace and I! 

Today was a wet and cloudy day.  So, as you all played, I did 45 minutes on the bike!  Unfortunately, you two weren't completely cooperative while I was on the bike.  Grace, you ended up climbing up the rocking chair in the play room and then immediately falling off when I was 15 minutes into my workout.  And, you split your lip again!  Oh my!  You came over to me and I ended up holding you agains my chest and shoulder for the remaining 30 minutes.  I'm counting that as an extra 20 pound workout.  Good thing I sit with back support on the bike.  :-P

We had snack time right after and then got ready to leave for speech therapy with Kim.  Joshua, you said 'choo choo train' for Kim when we were in the waiting room!  She was so impressed since she hasn't seen you in two weeks!  Once you went into the back, Grace and I continued to play with the trains in the waiting room.  Joshua, you did some other spontaneous words for Kim and put some words together for a small sentence.  She was amazed at how far you've come in these past two weeks!  I'm so proud of you!

We were home for lunch.  I made some 'funfetti' brownies (chocolate brownies with candy pieces on the top .... Joshua picked up the box the last time we were at the grocery store) and then we made a taco pie for dinner.  Unfortunately it wasn't all successful.  I was cooking while you two were playing and stupidly touched the pan with the brownies in it without thinking about the heat.  Note, a container that has been cooking for 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven will be VERY hot!  I burned my left thumb and needed an ice pack on it for hours afterward.  Ugh!  I felt so stupid!  It blistered a little, but was fine by the evening. 

You two ended up taking a nap at 3pm.  While you two rested, I laid next to you all since I still wasn't feeling well from my thumb accident.  However, everything tasted fine for dinner.  The taco pie wasn't the prettiest, but it was yummy and I have some ideas for future tries.  You both ate some brownies.  :-)

This evening we just relaxed in the play room.  You all had some art time with crayons and play time with blocks.  We cut Grace's nails, but she wasn't that cooperative.  :-P

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment