Thursday, August 23, 2012

Crying At Lunch


Dearest Angels~

Joshua you surprised me this morning!  You ate a good amount of cereal and crackers at breakfast!  That was more solid food than I've seen you eat in a long time right when you wake up.  You didn't ask for your milk right away!

I went on the exercise bike for 40 minutes this morning as you two played.  Neither of you two wanted your snacks at snack time .... just milk.  Our schedules were off today, but again .... we're on vacation!!  :-)

We started some laundry and then played downstairs.  I took some more photos while you two were running around.  I'm trying to layer two shots together for the State Fair photography contest this October.  But, it may not work.  I need to remove a stray diaper box from one photo, so I was going to 'repair' it with another photo to hide the box.  I'll show you when I'm done.  Overall, it's a photograph of Grace trying on and walking around in my black boots that she loves.  :-)  You never know, we may get a ribbon again!  ;-)

We saw some deer in the backyard at lunch.  Speaking of lunch .... Grace, you SCREAMED during lunch.  I was afraid the neighbors would hear you!  I tried giving you food and drinks and even holding you, but for some reason, you just wanted to stand and cry.  I had no idea what your problem was.  Joshua, on the other hand, ate well.  :-)  Grace, you finally curled up on me after Joshua was done eating.  You probably wore yourself out from all the crying and screaming.  :-P  You ate once you woke up.  At that point Joshua and I had already eaten.

Joshua, you were napping by 2:20pm .... after fighting it for an hour.  Grace, you never napped in the afternoon and ended up waking Joshua back up at 3pm.  Nudge.  :-P

I ended up cutting up the chicken and adding spices for dinner before Quinn got here.  Little man, you did so well with her!  You did your vowel sounds and the words that we've been practicing.  You also did some more unprompted words.  I'm so proud of you!

Afterward, you two helped me cook dinner.  We made the chicken with a pasta lemon sauce.  Joshua, you finished your plate .... but only after we promised you could watch 'Dora' if you did.  You love that show.  :-P  Grace, you were uncooperative.  For some reason you just weren't hungry today.

We had some playtime downstairs after we cleaned.  You two played with blocks with daddy.  You all made a tunnel and a house.  Then, we went upstairs to watch 'Dora' as promised.  :-)  I think you ended up watching three episodes and then cried when it was bed time.  :-P

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment