Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Impressive Eating


Dearest Miracles~

Today is Grandpa Mike's birthday.  He turned 61.  Tonight we'll celebrate with dinner!

You both ended up in our bed last night.  I don't even know what time it was.  I had bad insomnia at 4am (you two were already in our bed at that time).  I ended up going downstairs at 5am because my stomach started to growl.  I was falling back asleep when Grace woke at 6am.  Ugh.  I was so tired.

Joshua, you didn't wake up until 8am.  We had some breakfast and then a little bit of playtime.  We left after 9am to go to Rex for Joshua's feeding appointment with Krista.

You did so good little man!  You ate all the carrots I cooked yesterday and about 3/4 cup ground turkey meat that I also cooked yesterday! Wow! If you continue to eat well we may be able to decrease our appointments more!  Krista was very impressed with you!  You've come a long way from a year ago when we struggled with just a dry spoon in your mouth.  You were feeding yourself at one point the meat!  :-)

We were home by 11:30am.  Grace, you screamed and screamed!  I had no idea what you wanted.  I tried food and drink but nothing helped.  You eventually calmed down when I held you in my arms on the couch.  Were you just tired?  It wasn't like you to scream so much like that. 

I took some photos of you all playing this afternoon.  Joshua started to pose for me!  You're such a camera hog.  ;-)

I took advantage of your playing and hopped on the bike for another 45 minutes.  Then, you both napped late.  I ended up waking you both at 4pm to prepare for Quinn coming over!

Little man, you did well again today with speech!  You said some spontaneous words and some words with no prompting .... she was impressed!  Quinn gave us some more words to work on as well.

Once she left, I quickly changed you two and then daddy was home.  I headed right out to meet Grandpa Mike, Mimi, and Uncle Brennan for the birthday dinner.  Aunt Katie had to work.  Little man, you said 'Uncle James' a lot during the dinner.  It was kind of funny.  You'll eventually learn everyone's names.  ;-)  You can say 'mommy' 'daddy' and 'Grace' at home with no prompting.  :-)
We got home late .... around 8:30pm.  We got you two ready for bed but it took a long time for Joshua to fall asleep.

Guess what .... I have no work tomorrow!  I'm on vacation!  Woo hoo!  Tomorrow and thursday Penny is gone so we'll have extra mommy days!  I have something special planned for tomorrow!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment