Friday, August 31, 2012

Family Goals



Dearest Miracles~

Woo hoo!  We got to sleep in a little until 7:15am!  Yippie!  And, everyone ate cereal at breakfast.  You two may not have eaten much, but at least you had some!  Joshua, you put your shoes on all by yourself this morning and Grace put my boots on.  Then, you two walked all around and played downstairs. 

Once I finished cleaning the kitchen, we went upstairs.  I did 45 minutes on the exercise bike.  Then, we went back downstairs for snack time.  Joshua, you did 3/4 cup of applesauce and Grace ate two puree pouches. 

Joshua, you surprised me this morning.  As I was cleaning, you were in the living room playing.  You needed help with a toy and you called 'mama' for me!  You've never done that before!  You also did it later when putting your shoes on.  Wow!  :-)

We got ready by mid-morning and then headed to Pam's for haircuts.  I didn't get a cut, though Joshua wanted me to go first.  :-P  You both did well, but were apprehensive at first and timid.  You both sat in the chair and cooperated, but I had to hold Joshua's hand at one point and then hold Grace when Joshua was getting a cut.  You two look so cute with your haircut.  Of course, you looked cute before too!  ;-)  Grace, you mainly got your bangs cut so we can grow out the rest.  Joshua, you got everything cut .... you look like a little boy!  You're growing up so fast!  :-)

Right after, we met Uncle James for lunch.  Joshua woke up asking for Uncle James all morning.  We went to the 'Steak and Shake.'  You two ate an entire chicken finger lunch and Oreo cookies.  The Oreo was an ice cream sandwich, so I quickly ate the inside since you two wanted the cookie sides!  Joshua, you showed Uncle James how you can count to 5.  ;-)

We were home around 2:30pm.  You two fell asleep in the van and continued to nap once inside.  I put you all on pillows on the couches downstairs.  I read (I finished lesson one of my photography course) and felt more biscuit kicks.  I tried to get a video.  ;-)

Today was our last day of our first month with family goals!  So, how did we do?  We did pretty good for beginners.  ;-)  


Let's see, we had four categories .... Spiritual, Family, Mental, and Physical.  

Spiritual:  
Goal - church twice a month .... accomplished (counted the Temple service though for Bar Mitzvah)
Goal - daily Bible reading .... accomplished

Family:
Goal - family outing once per quarter .... accomplished 2 outings!
Goal - date night once per quarter .... pending

Mental:
Goal - photography practice 3 times a week (mommy) .... accomplished 73.3%
Goal - guitar/banjo practice 3 times a week (daddy) .... accomplished 80%
Goal - read a book a month (daddy) .... he read 4!

Physical:
Goal - exercise 3 times a week (mommy) .... accomplished 93.3%
Goal - exercise 4 times a week (daddy) .... accomplished 105% and he lost 8.5 pounds this month!

Daddy and I will need your help next month to keep this up!  Go us!  ;-)

Daddy was home at 4:30pm.  We watched a little Dora and then had a late dinner.  You all didn't get hungry until 7pm.  We played downstairs with blocks afterward.  Joshua wanted to build a tunnel and choo choo train.  ;-)

Grace, you're getting better at your sign language.  Here are the words you know how to sign:

boat
please
help
I want
milk
water
cracker
fish
all done
eat 
more
train 
plane

I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of.  It's really cute, but you also need to learn to say real words too.  I think it's helping to have Quinn at the house though.  I always let you interact with her while she's here with Joshua.

This evening was a 'Blue Moon' outside .... there were two full moons this month!  So, we all looked out the window to see it.  ;-)  Grace, you then curled up in our bed again to fall asleep.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment