Friday, September 30, 2011

Second Flu Shot


Dearest Miracles~

I had to nurse Grace to sleep last night.  We tried to let her play and go to bed on her own, but she cried and cried.  Joshua fell asleep and stayed sleeping all night in the toddler bed.  I'm going to convert that bed back into the crib this weekend, so I hope your transition into a 'big boy' bed goes smoothly.

Grace, you didn't wake up until after 7am!  Daddy changed you (you had another morning poopy diaper) and then I nursed you.  We didn't have a lot of time this morning to play since Grace had an early morning pediatrician appointment.  She got her second dose of the flu shot.  They have to break up the dose into two installments one month apart when people are little.  I gave you some tylenol one hour prior to the appointment.  Last time you cried that evening and got warm.  I don't want you to get a low grade fever again.  I'll give you another dose of tylenol this evening as well.  The nurse said you might have more of a reaction this time, so I'm hoping two tylenol doses with help.
 
Once we were back home we straightened somethings around the house.  I swept and vacuumed the kitchen.  Then, I vacuumed the living room.  We got a new booster seat for Joshua to sit in at the kitchen table.  Grace can sit in Joshua's old one (which is still pretty new) since it has a tray and Joshua can sit in the new turtle one.  :-)  I put you two up at the table for lunch today.  Joshua squealed when he saw Grace in his old seat, but he's going to have to learn to share.  Joshua, you ate some gold fish and some cheerios.  Grace, you had a little bit of sweet potatoes.  I didn't want to test you on a new fruit since you just had a shot.  I didn't want you to have a reaction to something new.


You two helped me organize the play room some and put away some laundry this afternoon.  I read a Dr. Seuss book to Joshua 'If I Can the Circus' and Grace crawled all around and played.

Joshua will now collect toys off the play room floor and put them on the couch out of reach of Grace.  It's kind of funny, but I try not to laugh so as not to encourage the behavior.  ;-)  I continually put the toys back down and then he yells at me or takes them back away from Grace.  Most of the time, he'll take a toy from Grace and then hand it to daddy or myself.  So, it's ok for us to play with it but not Grace?  Funny how a toddler's mind works.

Joshua, you took a late nap.  It was 3:30pm when you went down.  I nursed and read to Grace.  As Joshua napped, I made dinner.  We had bacon, eggs, toast, and veggies.  :-)  Grace, you had some more sweet potatoes.


It thunder stormed this evening.  We watched the lightening through the windows.  We're still debating what to do with the wall between the living room and the study.  We're still thinking to open it, we're just indecisive on how much to open.  :-P

Joshua gave daddy and Grace a kiss as we were playing in the living room after dinner.  How cute!  We put lotion on the both of you two and then I gave Grace her second tylenol dose.  So far she hasn't complained.  :-)

Grace fell asleep early and she stayed sleeping when I put her down.  I anticipate her waking up in the night since it was so early.  We'll see.  Oh, Joshua, you're not whining in your toddler bed anymore.  You go right in it and fall asleep after a bedtime story.  Hopefully, you'll like your 'big boy' bed too.

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment