Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sitting Independently And Oatmeal


Dearest Joys~

Joshua, you woke up at 5am from your toddler bed.  You didn't cry though.  You sat up and whimpered.  I heard you so I laid next to you and you calmed down and fell back asleep pretty quickly.  Grace, you slept in your bassinet until 7:15am!  Whoa!  Daddy changed you and then I nursed you.  I was in a lot if pain from not nursing you sooner, but it was nice to have the extra rest.  You had some huge burps when you were done too!  ;-)

Daddy made some eggs, bacon, and toast for breakfast this morning.  Joshua, you didn't want any and only ate gold fish crackers and milk from your sippy cup.

Grace, you have different scratches on your face from various toys.  :-P  Also, your nails grow way too fast and you scratch yourself too!

We made a Target run for groceries this morning.  Joshua ate 2 cookies while there!  Woo hoo!  Grace, you pooped in the carrier as we were walking around.  :-P  I ended up just changing you at home since we didn't see it until you were strapped in your car seat (we don't live far and you weren't complaining).  :-P

Once back, I vacuumed the living room and then swept and vacuumed the kitchen.  Joshua, you poo-poo'ed more food at lunch.  

This afternoon we watched another UNC football game.  We won!  Woo hoo!  During halftime we did Joshua's brush exercises, joint compressions, chewy tube work, and flash cards.  I also read a book to him called 'God's Special Gifts to Me' .... your (Great) Aunt Beth gave it to you.  :-)

Grace, you are officially sitting independently now!  Wow!  You're getting stronger each day and you seem to be hitting 'developmental milestones' pretty fast!  Slow down little lady!  Since you're more mobile and stronger, you two are able to play together more.  I know Joshua likes that!  Oh, you tried oatmeal for the first time this evening.  I started you on 1 tablespoon.  I think you ate half?  ;-)

Joshua, you had a very late nap.  You didn't go down until 3:45pm!  Oh, you need to get better at sharing!  You like to take toys away from Grace that she's using!  Let's all try to get along, ok?

We had some music and playtime downstairs after dinner.  Grace, you fell asleep nursing and then screamed when I placed you down in the bassinet.  We couldn't calm you unless you used me as pacifier.  So, I held you all night.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you two so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment