Sunday, September 25, 2011

Birthday Celebration


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Grace, you slept in your bassinet all night.  Daddy changed you and I nursed you at 6:45am.  Joshua, you slept in your toddler bed.  Daddy stayed next to you until you fell asleep.

We tried oatmeal again this morning, and you were uncooperative little lady.  :-P  So, we'll try again later.  I know you'll eventually get the hang of solid foods.  You took the bottle after awhile, so I know you'll get this too.  

This morning we ran you all's sheets and Joshua's pillow case.  His diaper leaked overnight, so we had to clean them up.  :-P  And, I got two pumps in for mommy milk for Grace on wednesday. 

Gigi, Grandpa Jim, and Uncle James came over after lunch.  We celebrated Grandpa Jim's birthday since it was last wednesday.  We got him a book and he liked it.  I signed it from the two of you.  :-)  We had some ice cream cake while they were here.  Grandpa Jim rocked Joshua to sleep for a nap.  Gigi and I tried to give Grace a formula bottle, but she refused.  So, I ended up nursing her while Joshua napped.

Once people left, we played downstairs and daddy made some steaks for dinner on the grill.  You all helped me make a potato side.  Everything was good, though Joshua didn't try it.  :-P

Since we ate dinner a little early, we ran out to 'Babies R Us' afterward.  It was a quick trip .... we picked up some bed rails for the front bedroom.  We're going to try to transition Joshua to a big boy bed with rails so we can convert the toddler bed back into a crib for Grace to use.

We all relaxed in the playroom this evening.  Daddy worked on our home budget so we can figure out if we can attempt these projects downstairs.  We have one more person coming over on tuesday to take a look at things and to give us an estimate.  Once we have that, daddy and I will sit down and see what we want to do.  

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment