Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Everyone Sick


Dearest Gifts~

Grace, you slept all night in your bassinet!  I woke in pain and leaking through my shirt.  :-P  Daddy changed you and I nursed you at 6:30am.  Joshua, you stayed in our bed all night since you were sick.  You woke up all during the night congested.  Poor little man.

Everyone ended up waking up late this morning.  I let you two sleep longer since Joshua wasn't feeling well.  But, that means we were rushing to get everyone ready for Joshua's appointments.  Joshua was still sneezy with a runny nose, but I took him to see Mary Beth and Kim since he was more playful than yesterday.

But, once we were leaving, Grace started to sneeze.  Then, I noticed she had a little runny nose.  I wasn't sure if her nose was runny because she had just sneezed, or if she was coming down with something.  So, I continued to take you both out.

Joshua did well at this appointments!  He was a little sluggish from the cold, but was still active with both Mary Beth and Kim.  We practiced using his flash cards with Kim.  He's getting the hang of it and handed us the picture of the object that he wanted.  :-)  We need to keep practicing at home.

We were home for lunch and then I nursed Grace.  We had just a little bit of time before American Hardwood came over to take some measurements.  We're getting an estimate to see how much it would cost to have floors put down in the living room and study and rip out the carpet, since it's ruined from the cat.  The guy was really nice and you two behaved for him.  He's going to type up an itemized estimate for us by tomorrow.  He was here for about thirty minutes, took some measurements, and answered all our questions.

Mimi and Leigh came over right after.  They were in the neighborhood working and came over to give Joshua a balloon and for Leigh to meet Grace.  :-)  I ended up taking the balloon away later in the day because you two kept getting caught in the ribbon.  Balloons are not good gifts for toddlers and babies.  :-P  

I nursed Grace to sleep right after and then rocked Joshua to sleep.  I enjoyed holding him in the rocking chair.  It reminded me of when I was pregnant with Grace and would rock Joshua.  I just sat there and held him and cherished the moment.  He didn't fall asleep until 4:30pm.

We saw deer in the backyard after dinner.  Daddy gave Grace some sweet potatoes.  She did well!  Maybe you're getting more use to the spoon?

You two got to see Uncle Brennan this evening before he and daddy went to play a soccer game.  It was just the three of us this evening after they left.  Joshua was crabby from only having a thirty minute nap and from not feeling well.  I did his flash cards and then he fought me with this brush exercises.  He hit me right in the face.  :-P  Grace, your nose became more runny as the evening went on.  Joshua, you were still congested too with a runny nose this evening.  I ended up having two rags with me .... you each had one for your noses.

You two had new diapers, new outfits, teeth brushed, and story read by 9pm.  I nursed Grace as Joshua fell asleep next to me.  I didn't think that was so bad for being by myself and putting you two to bed alone.  Daddy wasn't home until almost 10pm.  By that point, Grace was back awake crying and crying.  She was now congested, warm, and couldn't fall asleep.  We gave her some tylenol and then she used me as a pacifier to eventually fall asleep.

I hope you two feel better soon.  Penny is gone tomorrow, but daddy will be here for another Daddy Day.  

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment