Friday, October 29, 2010

Fifty Four Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  Today you are fifty four weeks old!  Woo hoo!  Time is just flying by!  Promise you won't grow up too fast.  ;-)

We increased your whole milk amount.  Now, I mix your bottles half and half.  So, you get 4 ounces of whole milk mixed with 4 ounces of toddler formula.  So far so good.  Now that you're drinking more milk, I need to figure out a way to keep your bottles chilled when we go out.  I have a little bag that the hospital gave me after I had you that freezer packs fit in.  I used it to bring milk to the hospital when you were still there and I was still pumping.  Since we're going out to eat tonight, I'll try out that bag and see how well it keeps your bottles cold during the evening.  :-)

I started you on a green beans and potato mix today.  You ate about half the jar.  We'll probably finish it tomorrow. 

Guess what today is .... today is your Gigi and Grandpa Jim's 33rd wedding anniversary!  Thirty three years ago today they were married on Carolina Beach at noon.  :-)  When you get bigger, I'll have to show you some of their wedding pictures.  Right now you'd just try to eat them.  ;-)

You took a little lunch time nap today and I did your laundry.  It's going to get chilly tonight, so I needed to make sure you had something warmer to wear for dinner.  We met friends at Maggiano's Italian restaurant in Durham.  It was so good .... and we have leftovers for later!  

You got to see Trina, Alicia, Jason, Stephanie, Kevin, Sherrill, and John Robert .... and they all got to hold and play with you!  They're all in town for the big UNC Homecoming weekend!  Remember I told you we have tickets to the football game tomorrow .... so I hope you're getting excited!  

We took your helmet off for a few minutes so they could see your fluffy hair.  The waitress said that her son had to wear a helmet for a few months too!  She was so excited to see another baby with a helmet!

We got home late, but you went to bed without much of a fuss.   Tomorrow will be a big day in Chapel Hill, so you need to get your rest!  :-)

Sleep tight little treasure!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment