Monday, October 25, 2010

Taking Steps


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little miracle!  Today we woke up early (it wasn't too early, but earlier than yesterday .... no sleeping in today) and then headed over to Mimi's house.  We helped drive Grandpa Mike to a doctor's appointment while Mimi and her friend, Linda, watched you.  :-)  You were good for them and played on the floor with toys while Sesame Street was on.  Linda gave you two gifts .... a monkey blanket and an art set for when you're older (you would just eat the crayons now).  ;-)  Grandpa Mike and I didn't take long at the doctor's office, so we got to visit at Mimi's until we needed to head home for Eliza and your physical therapy appointment. 

You were a little fussy with your appointment today.  You want to stand up all the time now so you're pulling yourself up on furniture every time I turn around!  :-P  So, we worked on getting you into a sitting position from standing (since you still don't know how to get down) and getting in and out of crawling.  Eliza still loves your babbling and sometimes it even sounds like you're yodeling!  ;-)  You did some nice neck rotations to your left for her.

Since you had no nap this morning, you got fussy with Eliza and then continued to fight sleep until the mid-afternoon.  I rocked you and you ended up sleeping for about 2 hours.  It really rained and stormed at you slept.  I ended up curling up with you for that last hour and closed my eyes as well.  ;-)

You saw daddy for only a little bit (little less than 2 hours) until he had to leave for his soccer game.  He had to leave earlier than usual because this game was further away.  So, you and I continued to play upstairs in the evening.  You did something this evening that you hadn't done before .... you pulled yourself up to standing and then took a few STEPS!  You haven't been that brave yet .... usually you pull yourself up and bobble around and then either fall down or fuss until I get you.  But, this evening, you stood there .... bobbled a little .... and then took some steps to the right while holding on to the play gate!  You walked 3 panels!  You know what that means .... you'll be running loose soon!  ;-)

You were such an angel this evening.  You played and then I held you while looking at things on the laptop and sitting on the couch.  You curled up on me and just drifted off to sleep all by yourself on me.  It was so adorable and I didn't want to put you down!  It continued to rain and storm late this evening, and you were sleeping away when daddy got home (and you fell asleep with your head to the left!).  I was still awake, so I'll go ahead and tell you .... they lost.  :-(  But, we cheered for them from afar.  :-)

I'm feeling Peanut kick more.  I get excited when I feel a little kick .... daddy and I still pray for you and Peanut everyday.  :-)

Tomorrow we have another MOPS meeting.  I'm excited we get to see our new friends again.  Sleep tight little one!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment