Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Standing .... Again


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello cutie pie!  Since we did a lot of running around yesterday, we took it easy and just tried to relax today.  :-)

You're still a little congested today, but you sound better.  We played in the play room a lot this morning.  You like all your new birthday gift toys.  :-)  

Speaking of birthday gifts .... we started to write thank you cards for everything that you've gotten.  I only got a few done because I was writing while you were playing and you kept crawling up to me, like you wanted to help, but then you just wanted to put the cards in your mouth.  So, it's a slow process.  :-P  I probably won't have much time tomorrow or thursday to work on them since I'll be working all day, so what we didn't get done today I'll try to continue on friday.  

We did do a quick bank run for daddy.  He had a check come in the mail yesterday, and since we put some bills in the mail this morning, I needed to run the check out to deposit it.  :-P  We were home pretty quickly though because you made a stinky diaper in the backseat .... I could smell it while I was driving.  :-P  Plus, I hadn't showered, so I was looking rough too!  Thank goodness for drive through ATM's.  ;-)

Oh, since we started on the thank you cards and paid some bills, I ordered some stamps online for us.  It was easier than going out to the post office and we didn't need them right away.  They had some cute ones that you could order with comic strip characters on them.  So, I got a few sheets of them.

So, you performed your standing trick again .... but this time you weren't in the crib!  I left the play area to grab something, and once I turned around .... you were standing and holding onto the side!  You sure are getting brave!  You don't know how to really get down though .... so you usually fall unless daddy and I grab you and sit you down.  :-P  But, you did a new trick as well.  You climbed up on me and sat on your knees ... but this time, you let go of me and sat there .... balanced on your knees by yourself with no help!  Wow little man!  You're getting stronger everyday!  :-)



This afternoon you and I made dinner before daddy got home from work.  We made a meatloaf with a potato/veggie side .... we had turkey meat for the meatloaf and added veggies into that as well.  It ended up being pretty good, which was nice since we had never made it before!  Daddy liked it and we have some left over for lunch tomorrow.  :-)

After we ate dinner, you had your evening bath and then you got to play with daddy as I took my shower.  :-)  We got to play around in the play room for a while until Uncle Brennan came over.  He and daddy have a really late soccer game tonight.  It didn't start until 9:45pm.  When they left, we continued playing but then you started to get a little fussy and rubbed your eyes.  I rocked you in the rocking chair for awhile and then just held you as you fell asleep in my arms.  We sat there together for quite some time.  :-)  You were so cute curled up as I held you.  Finally, I was getting tired as well, so I put you down in your bed and then I curled up in bed too.  :-P  You sound asleep when daddy got home, but I was awake in bed.  He won his game.  :-)

I hate that I have to leave you tomorrow .... but you'll have fun with Penny.  Continue to save those precious smiles and kisses for me .... I look forward to them everyday .... especially when I'm at work and can't wait to get home to see you and daddy!  

Sleep tight little miracle!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment