Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lunch Out


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little mister!  We had another rough night last night.  My allergies were really bothering me, so I didn't sleep much at all (kept getting up to blow my nose and sneeze).  Right when I thought I would get some sleep .... you started to cry .... it was almost 5am!  :-P  Daddy ended up picking you up and you fell back asleep in daddy's arms in our bed.  But then daddy's alarm for work went off at 6am .... so none of us really got any sleep last night.  :-P  

You ended up sleeping in this morning and taking your first bottle later than normal (since you didn't sleep well earlier).  :-P  Once you took your first bottle though, I picked you up so I could go wash your bottle and you quickly threw up on me.  But, don't worry .... after a quick shirt change, we were both in the bonus room playing.

We weren't playing long when we spoke to daddy on the phone.  He thought he would need to go to Chapel Hill for a presentation for work, but then he ended up not having to go .... but,  because he didn't end up going, he didn't bring a lunch!  So, we got ourselves ready and headed over to daddy's work and had lunch with him.  :-)

It was chilly this morning, so I changed you into some pants and a long sleeve shirt.  I also put two blankets around you in the stroller because the wind was hard at times.  You got to meet a few more new people at daddy's office, and see some familiar faces of people you've met before.  Since daddy is starting his new job at Lenovo next Monday, this will be the last time we get to eat lunch with daddy at this office. But, I'm sure we'll be able to eat lunch with him at this new office.  :-)

Once home, you had a bottle and then played in the living room.  I rocked you to sleep and you ended up taking a little nap this afternoon.  

You and I made a pasta dinner, and I saved some plain pasta pieces for you to try.  I cut them into smaller pieces, but you mostly threw them around in the high chair like you do with cheerios.  :-P  But you did eat about half of a baby cookie/cracker. 

This evening daddy worked on some CD's for Mimi.  We're trying to make her some CD's to listen to as she recovers (Are there still music CD's by the time you read this, or is there something newer out?  I'm sure there's something newer, and when you read this you'll probably laugh at the idea of 'burning a CD').  ;-)  You and I played and I gave you a bath .... and, you didn't pee this time!  Woo hoo!  Daddy took a break and played in the bonus room with you for a little bit as I took a shower.  You ended up helping him strum the guitar as he played for you.  

You were fussy with your last bottle and oatmeal dinner.  Daddy ended up needing to go to Mimi's house to feed the cats and give them medicine again, so we played on the bed until daddy got back home.  Mimi is now out of the intensive care recovery area and in a new room.  They are still adjusting her pain and nausea medications, so it was kind of a rough day for her.  Keep praying for a smoother recovery!  

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment