Tuesday, October 12, 2010

MOPS


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello cutie pie!  Today was big adventure for us .... we had our first MOPS meeting .... and you got more birthday attention! 

First, you and I got ready for our MOPS meeting at church.  I was really nervous since I didn't know anyone.  You seemed fine, but you're more social than I am.  ;-)  I got you all ready and packed your diaper bag, and once we pulled into the parking lot, you ended up having a poopy diaper!  You always seem to have a poopy diaper when we need to be somewhere.  :-P  So, once again, the back of my Escape turned into a changing table!  Once you were all clean, we went inside and saw all the other mommies and children!  There were a lot of children there, but everyone was divided by age. 

I introduced myself at the check-in desk (and introduced you).  I had the option of keeping you with me in the big room, or placing you in a room with other children your age to play around.  Since the big room was going to have some speakers, I thought it best to let you play with other children.  So, we went around the corner to the "12-24 month" room (since you'll be one year on saturday).  That room immediately scared me since all these little toddlers were running around babbling and crying.  Luckily for me (to ease my nerves), you were bumped to the smaller room (6-12 months) since you can't walk yet.  That was a relief to me because the smaller room was a lot quieter and more your speed.  ;-)  You immediately made friends with the workers and I was much harder for me to leave than for you to stay!  Your mommy must have some separation anxiety.  ;-)

I meet new people in the big room and was placed in a small group.  All the other mommies that I met were nice.  One mommy has twin girls.  After I got to meet them, the main speaker started.  There must have been close to 100 mommies in there.  There was a panel discussion at the front on different schools (private, public, charter, home school, montessori, and magnet), so we all got to hear of the pros and cons.  Daddy and I still have a little while to figure out what school to put you in, but it was nice to hear of the different kinds.  

Oh, and a special note to Peanut .... they asked if anyone was pregnant.  I rose my hand and I got a little gift of two newborn diapers and a candy bar.  ;-)  I had to say my name and when I was due in a microphone in front of all those people!  I was so nervous!  I said, "I'm Crystal and it's my first day!  I'm due in February!"  Ha!  :-)

After the discussion panel, I went to pick you up from your play room.  You had two new stickers on your back that showed you had a bottle and were changed.  :-)  You were talking away with some of the ladies there and everyone said you were so cute.  Good job little man!  Our next meeting is in two weeks, though we may have a play date with some other mommies and children before then.  So, we are officially a part of MOPS .... and you are my little, precious MOPPET!  ;-)


You and I got home around lunch time.  We both had a little something to eat and then you took a tiny nap.  Then, we played around in your play place for a while.  

Tomorrow morning Vicki leaves to go back to Florida, so we ended up having dinner at Mimi's so we could see her one more time.  She had a birthday cookie cake for you and a puppy cupcake for you to play with (you surprisingly did not make that much of a mess)!  Your Uncle Brennan and Aunt Katie gave you a book on doggies and a tickle monster play set!  Vicki also got you a baby swing that we can hang up on our porch or screened in deck!  You'll have to share that with Peanut too!  


Mimi is doing a lot better.  You're still too heavy for her to lift, so you either sat next to her or we leaned you over so she could kiss you.  :-)

The evening was filled with your usual bath and play time routine.  Tomorrow I head back to work, so you and Penny will have fun together.  Some a big old kiss and smile for me!  I hate leaving you still! 

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment