Thursday, October 21, 2010

Early To Bed


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little treasure!  How are you?  :-)

So, you made some friends today in the neighborhood!  Penny took you to the park a few feet from our house (like she usually does) and you met three other children there!  You met Christopher (6 months old), Pierce (10 months old), and Connor (3 years old).  You all apparently played in the sand box for a little bit, or at least you watched .... you didn't like the sand in your hands!  I guess it was too gritty for you!  Penny said that Pierce and Christopher loved the sand box, but Conner got in trouble for throwing sand.  :-P

You and Penny also swung on the front porch and did a lot of floor and play time.  :-)  You finished your sweet potato container.

I was home at a decent time today .... yippie!  Daddy actually got home early from work.  People in his office were going out for a celebration (something that happened before he started working there).  Instead of going, he ran by the grocery store and came home early to be with you!  You have such a good daddy!  He picked up some things for the house, including some more veggies for you (more sweet potatoes since you like them) and some whole milk.  I'm going to start you on some whole milk tomorrow morning so I can watch you during the day to check for any allergies or reactions.  I'm sure you'll be fine, but the pediatrician said that sometimes children get stomach aches.  

We ran your laundry this evening .... you fill up your laundry basket really fast .... and all your clothes are so little so each load of laundry has a lot of outfits in there!  :-P

I went to take a shower after daddy and I gave you a bath and ran your bottles.  When I got out of the shower, it was surprisingly quiet in the house .... I walked down the hallway to the play room, and there you were sleeping away in daddy's arms!  Daddy said he picked you up (you were playing with all your toys for a little bit) and you just fell asleep!  Maybe you've learned not to fight sleep so much?  You took a morning nap for Penny, but I don't know if you ever took an afternoon one.  I sat down next to you both and daddy handed you off to me (because I wanted to hold you) .... it was the best part of my day!  :-)


Daddy and I watched a show, or two, on the laptop, but then brought you into the bedroom because we were getting tired too (remember, we were all up all night since you fought sleep yesterday).  :-P

Oh, Penny loves your stuffed animal dog, Scout!  Grandpa Jim, Gigi, and Uncle James got you Scout for your birthday, and daddy and I were able to program it to say your name!  When you play with it, it says things like, "I Love You, Joshua!"  It also plays music for you when you press his paws.  Penny wants to get her grandson one.  :-)

Well, I hope you sleep well through the night.  I'm wondering if you'll wake up at a weird hour since you fell asleep so early this evening.  :-P  

Tomorrow you and I get to play together!  Sleep tight little one!

I love you more than words can express!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment