Monday, October 18, 2010

Three Appointments


Dearest Joshua David~

Today was a busy day .... we had three appointments between the two of us ....

You were the first one up, with your 1 year check up at the pediatrician's office at 8:30am.  You got four shots, one of which was the flu shot.  I need to take you back in one month for the second flu shot dose.  They also drew your blood.  Your iron looked good, so you don't need to go back on the Poly-Vi-Sol medication (you don't appear to be anemic anymore).   So, you left the pediatrician's office with 5 bugs bunny bandaids!  

There's still a question as to whether one of your 'man berries' have descended fully, so she gave me a referral to a pediatric urologist for evaluation (yes, I am your mother so I will talk about anything!).  I called once we got home and took their earliest appointment (which wasn't until december).  We can start to slowly introduce whole milk to you (little bits at a time to check for allergies/reactions .... she said sometimes children may have little stomach aches the first few times).  You're still congested with a little runny nose here and there, but you still have no fever so the pediatrician wasn't worried.  You had a few crying fits from the shots, but have been doing well overall.  I ended up giving you two doses of tylenol throughout the day to help you.  Joshua,  you are 19lbs and 1oz and 28.5in long. (though I think you feel heavier!).  :-P  She said at this point we can start to look at convertible car seats, since the infant ones usually only go up to 20lbs.  The convertible ones allow babies to sit rear facing for longer, (sitting rear facing is a lot safer) but can be flipped to front facing as well.  She recommended keeping you rear facing for as long as possible (since it's safer), but to go ahead and switch your seat over the next month or so.  Oh, she liked your helmet!  :-)

Princess Peanut had an appointment right after at 10:30am .... we are 21 weeks and 1 day.  My blood pressure was 110/70 and urine was fine (no protein).  They checked my iron level, which was 12.8 (they like it between 12 and 13), so you and I both got our fingers pricked today (though I got a dull bandaid). The OB said we were the right size for our weeks (I think he said my uterus was 20 cm?) and Peanut's heart rate was 144.  My next appointment is in another 4 weeks (after that they may switch me to 2 weeks). 

Then, you had your physical therapy appointment with Eliza .... you did a lot better with your left side rotation today.  We continued to work on getting in and out of sitting to crawling positions.  You got fussy during the appointment, which I wasn't sure if it was from the shots or your congestion.  :-P

We finally got to sit down by 2pm, which is when I ate lunch!   You got a little fussy in the afternoon, so I gave you some tylenol and a bottle .... I rocked you and you ended up taking a little nap.  

Daddy's soccer game isn't until tomorrow, so we got to play together as a family in the bonus room and relax.  You got fussy again in the evening, but when daddy gave you a bottle, you ended up falling asleep on him while daddy and I watched some shows on the computer.  :-)  We also researched car seats so we could go ahead and see what would be best for you. 

Tomorrow we have no appointments, so we can relax a little more and hopefully you won't be as congested.  

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment