Thursday, October 7, 2010

New Outfits


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little miracle!  Today was a better day than yesterday .... I got home earlier than normal!  Woo hoo!  That means I got to see you more this evening than yesterday when I got home late.  :-P  

You and Penny had fun today.  You two went to the park for a walk, did floor play time, you took a nap, and you ate more of your chicken and stars.  :-)  You're getting better with it, but still make faces and try to spit out the pasta pieces.  :-P  But, I'm not too worried .... any child of mine will eventually like pasta!  Italian dishes are my favorite!  And, did I ever tell you that you are part Italian?  My great-grandparents all came from different countries!  Here's a quick run down:

Grandpa Jim's side of the family ....
*My Grandma's family (your Great-Grandmother) came from County Cork, Ireland.  We have the Nolan Family Tree traced back for a while because my Great Uncle (my Grandma's brother) traced it for us.
*My Grandpa's family (your Great-Grandfather) also came from Ireland, but I'm not sure of the exact location.  Grandpa was raised in a foster home growing up, so I don't have all the details on where the McCleary's are from.

Gigi's maternal side of the family ....
*My Great-Grandmother was from Italy
*My Great-Grandfather was from the Philippines (he lived to be 100 years old!)

Gigi's paternal side of the family ....
*My Great-Grandmother was from Germany
*My Great-Grandfather was from Norway

You'd have to ask daddy about his side of the family, but Uncle James and I can tell you stories about some of your Great-Great-Grandparents because they were still living when we were growing up.  You're a lucky guy too since you have 4 Great-Grandparents of your own!

Penny got you two new outfits!  They're sleeper outfits with little feet covers!  One is like a monkey and one is like a baseball player.  They're so cute!  I'll do a load of your laundry tomorrow so we can wash them and you can start wearing them.  :-)

So, like I mentioned yesterday, Penny left a little early to get to the airport.  So, Grandpa Jim came over before 5pm to watch you!  You two were playing around when daddy got home, and all three of you were here when I got home.  

I got to eat dinner with you and daddy.  You practiced with a baby cracker.  I think you ate about a quarter of one.  :-P  

Daddy did some work things on the computer while I cleaned your bottles and gave you a bath.  Then, we all played together in the bonus room and on the bed.  

Tomorrow you and I get to pick up some play yards for the bonus room!  I think you'll like them!

Sleep tight little one!  

I love you so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment