Friday, October 22, 2010

Fifty Three Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  You are now fifty three weeks old!  Whoa!  You're getting up there old man!  ;-)

Today was a pretty laid back day for us.  We spent most of the morning in the play room.  You're getting better at crawling up onto your knees and sitting without help.  I didn't see you pull yourself up to standing today, but you were on your knees a lot.  :-)

You started a new container of sweet potatoes this morning.  You had some with breakfast and some with dinner.  You ate half the jar.  I'm sure you'll finish the jar by tomorrow.  

You also had something new today .... whole milk!  I put a little bit in each of your bottles today.  I was originally only going to put some in your first bottle and then see how well you did.  But, since you appeared fine throughout the day, I put some in two other bottles too.  You probably had about 4.5 ounces of whole milk today mixed with formula.  

We didn't see our deer today .... we haven't seen them in a while.  I wonder if they went somewhere warmer now that the weather is changing.  I'll continue to keep an eye out.  We've seen a lot of squirrels and birds though in the woods.  And, today we saw someone's dog running in there .... I'm guessing he was chasing a squirrel.  :-P

You took a pretty good nap today.  I thought you would only nap for a little bit, but then you ended up sleeping for about 1.5 hours.  I caught up on some things around the house and then closed my eyes next to you (you were in the play area snoring).  :-)

Since you took a longer nap, you ended up having your lunch bottle a little later than normal.  Once you finished it though, you and I headed to Target.  We needed a few things for the house and they had some children's clothes on clearance, so I picked you up a few items.  While there, we also took a look at the car seats.  Daddy and I think we know which one to get you, so we'll probably go ahead and order it sometime this weekend, or early next week.  You can stay in the infant one a little longer, so there's no urgency to get one today.  But, we'd like to go ahead and be prepared.  :-)

When daddy got home you got to play with him.  We ate dinner together (we eat dinner together in the kitchen every night, though you sometimes get fussy in your high chair).  :-P  And then we all played together in the bonus room.  We watched a few shows on the laptop and then you fell asleep in our arms.  :-)

Tomorrow is cousin Stephanie's birthday, so we're going to head back to the State Fair to see her!  We picked up a card and gift card at Target for her today.  Also, Lois, Charlie, Gigi, and (Great) Aunt Beth will be there.  We're going to ride over there with Uncle Brennan and Aunt Katie.  So, get some rest .... tomorrow will be a big day!  

Sleep tight little treasure!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment