Wednesday, October 6, 2010

No Sleep


Dearest Joshua David~

Ok, little one .... we need to work out a new system here .... clearly your sleep schedule is completely off!  So, you played on the bed last night and actually fell asleep at a decent time.  However, since you immediately wake up when people move you, daddy and I stayed next to you as you dozed there.  Unfortunately, since we were both exhausted too, we both ended up dozing and I didn't wake up to put you back in your bed until 12:45am this morning.  Daddy was snoozing and still had his light on.  You stayed sleeping in your bed after I moved you.  Daddy then woke back up to turn off the light and check on you.  

Then, like clock work, you woke up crying at 3:45am!  I was in and out of sleepiness, but daddy ended up picking you back up again and you curled back next to us in bed falling asleep.  At 6am, when our work alarm went off (yes, we both had to go to work today exhausted) I put you back in your bed.  :-P  You were still sleeping when I left for work and Penny arrived.  And, you apparently didn't wake up until almost 10am!  Little man .... this needs to stop.  Lets try to get more on schedule, and lets try to do this fast, ok?

You and Penny had fun together though .... you two walked to the park, used the front porch swing, and did a lot of floor/play time.  Penny said you chewed on half a baby biscuit and you did well with your chicken and stars mix!  You still spit out some of the pasta stars, but you did better than when you and I first tried.  

I got home really late from work with a headache.  :-(  But, you have such a good daddy .... he had already given you a bath and trimmed your nails by the time I got home (just shy of 8pm).  I still got to play with you even though it was late.  And, your smiles and kisses made my day! 

Daddy worked on Mimi's CD's some more as we played.  I have some exciting news for you .... there's a family in our subdivision that's selling play yard baby gates since their children have outgrown them.  I've been looking at them recently, but was undecided.  I saw that they have two sets with extra gates that they're selling for the price of one set.  So, I showed daddy and you and I are going to pick them up on friday so we can really make this bonus room into a play room for you!  The gates have toys and music in them, and they're bright colors which I think you'll like.  Plus, with all the sides put together, you'd have a big area to really crawl around and play in if I needed to do something.  Right now, if I need to wash bottles or use the rest room, I have to put you in the crib or pack & play (neither are very big to play in). 

You didn't fuss too much this evening.  I hope you sleep better though.  Mimi is doing better.  Daddy is going to try to see her after work tomorrow or friday.  It'll probably be friday though since he gets off work earlier.  

Oh, Penny is leaving a little early tomorrow to catch a flight to see her sister, so Grandpa Jim is going to be here to watch you for about 45 minutes until daddy gets home.  :-)

Save those smiles and kisses for me!  I hate leaving you in the mornings on wednesdays and thursdays!  

Sleep tight!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment