Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yellow Jersey


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello my little precious one!  :-)

After doing your laundry, I decided to try you in the new onesie that Mimi and Grandpa Mike brought back from France .... it's a "Tour de France" yellow onesie, like the yellow jersey that the stage winners get to wear.  It's a size "12 month" so I didn't think it would fit you, but you fit in there just fine.  I think European sizes might be a little different because you actually fit it perfectly!  So, we had fun today pretending you were in the race and taking the lead to win!  :-)

Guess what .... we saw finches fly up to our feeder today!  We weren't able to get a picture because they're so fast!  But, we looked at them from the windows!  :-)

You took a little nap in the morning.  I held you because you were so cute in my arms!  :-)

You and I made dinner today.  We prepared everything in the afternoon, and then cooked it all right before daddy got home.  We made chicken, veggies, and couscous!  Yummm!  :-)

You took a very tiny nap this afternoon .... about 30 minutes .... during a bottle that I was giving you.  I held you and told you how much I love you!  :-)

Daddy and Uncle Brennan had a soccer game this evening, so Uncle Brennan came over to visit with you before they left for the game (the soccer fields aren't far from our house).  While you all were visiting, I took a shower and folded the laundry.  You and I stayed here because it's still too hot in the evenings for you.  It's been in the 90's everyday.  I'll be glad when things cool off.  

This evening you and I played on the bed with your toys.  You also did a lot of tummy time.  You did something really cute .... at one point, I put you on your back to see if you'd roll .... you were playing with your pillow soccer ball and it drifted out of reach (slightly) to the right .... you twisted and reached to the right but couldn't get it .... you then stopped twisting and then clapped your hands .... you then tried twisting and reaching to the left but still couldn't get it .... you again stopped twisting and then clapped your hands!  :-P  If you'd only roll it would have been so easy for you to get the soccer ball.  ;-)  Oh well!  

Tomorrow is another work day for me, so Penny will be here to play with you.  Continue to save those precious smiles and kisses for me!

Sleep tight little miracle!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment