Monday, August 16, 2010

Ten Months


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello cutie pie!  Happy 10 months!  You have two months left until you turn the big 1!  ;-)  

Today was a pretty relaxing day.  You woke relatively early, though daddy and I were already up (daddy was getting ready for work and I had to use the restroom).  :-P  After a little breakfast, you and I played on the bed for a while.  You did tummy time and then fell asleep.  :-P  I ran your bottles as you napped and caught up on some things around here.  

Once you woke, I changed you and we ran to the grocery store for a few items.  It didn't take long, and I knew you would need a bottle shortly after.  You took a pretty big bottle once we got home, and then played while I ate lunch.

Eliza got to see you today.  I updated her on our appointment with Level Four Pediatrics and the Special Infant Care Clinic.  I also showed her your head scan from last friday.  She has off next week, so you won't have physical therapy next monday.  So, we have two weeks to really work hard together before she sees you again.  You did well with your pivoting and sitting.  She worked with your on your rolling, but you still didn't roll today.  :-P  Also, you were really fussy with your neck exercises and turning your head to the left.  We'll have to continue to work on that together.  :-)

Your second tooth is really coming in now.  Tooth #P is in, and I could feel tooth #O this whole time, but now you can really see it cut through the gingiva.  :-)  Maybe I can bring you into the office next week so my coworkers can see your pearly whites!  ;-)

You took a nice nap after your physical therapy appointment.  My sinuses are still bothering me, so .... I actually took a little nap with you.  :-P  I was glad you took a little nap at that time because I was getting tired of blowing my nose.  :-P

Once daddy got home, we all ate dinner and you finished an entire container of peaches (about 3.5 ounces) all by yourself!  Good job man!  I guess tomorrow you can finish your other container of bananas.  Daddy cleaned your bottle and hung some pictures in the bathroom as I gave you a nice bath.  :-)  You have fuzzy hair again from the bath!  Ha!


This evening daddy had a late soccer game (started at 9:45pm), so you two played on the bed together before he had to leave.  We'll have to see if the weather cools off in the next few months.  Maybe we can catch an earlier game (the earliest game is at 8:15pm) later in the season.  Your Uncle Brennan is also on the team.  Will you play soccer when you're older?  You know, I played soccer in middle and high school too.  :-)  I was a midfielder because the couch said I was "fast and small."  I played a few intramural games in college, but I haven't played much since then.  When you get bigger, you'll have to kick the ball around the yard with me.  ;-)

We played around the UNC cap that Aunt Katie gave you.  I took a few photos of you wearing it in different directions.  You smiled the most when you were wearing it on the side.  :-P  I put you in a UNC outfit for fun (to go with the hat).

What do you want to do tomorrow?  We'll probably end up washing your daddy's soccer jersey.  Ew!  :-P  If there's anything in particular you want to do, just let me know.  :-)

Sleep tight little man!

I love you forever and ever!  :-)

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Buddy, if you're mom makes any disparaging comments about the smell of daddy's soccer jersey, you should remind her that it is the smell of victory! Yes, your daddy's soccer team (Raleigh United) won our first game of the season and your daddy, forced to play sweeper, helped the defense to shut out the opposing team. Admittedly, his soccer jersey was kind of gross after the game since your Uncle Brennan wasn't there to sub in and give him some rest - he stayed late at work getting NC State's classrooms ready for all the students' return this week. You be good for your mommy today and I hope you all have fun while I am stuck at work ... Love you, daddy

    ReplyDelete