Monday, August 30, 2010

Second Scan


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello my sweet, little boy!  You slept in this morning!  Well, actually, you woke up as daddy was leaving for work, and after daddy picked you up he put you on me to play .... to rubbed your face on my chest and then fell back asleep!  You continued to sleep on me for a little over an hour.  I eventually had to move you when my back started to hurt.  Once I moved you off me and onto the bed you woke up.  :-P

After getting ready, we headed over to Level Four Pediatrics in Cary.  Remember going over there about two weeks ago?  They took a scan of your head shape because of the plagiocephaly.  They wanted to see if your head was remodeling on its own correctly, or if a helmet would be indicated for correction.  Well, you had your second scan today and you showed minimal improvement in correction.  So, after talking to the doctors there (and with daddy) we decided it would be best for you if we had you fitted for a helmet.  They're going to use the measurements from today's visit to have the helmet fabricated (we ordered one in light blue).  We'll need to go back within two weeks to have the helmet placed.  You'll have to wear the helmet all the time for a few months, so I'm sure you'll have to get use to it, but in the long run it will benefit you.  Daddy and I only want what's best for you our little Joshua!  We love you very much!  :-) 

Eliza came with us to the appointment so that afterward we could do your physical therapy.  We drove to White Plains Church (around the corner), where Eliza did therapy for the kids there years ago.  We used one of their nap rooms and you showed Eliza how you're sitting and tummy time has progressed.  You still haven't really rolled again, so we need to continue to work on that.  But, she was really impressed with your sitting!  And, how you can get up into "four point crawling" position .... on your belly, you push up to extend your arms and get up onto your knees!  You did really well with the crawling and scooting!  She didn't see you last week, so she was surprised to see you do all this!  Good job Joshua!  We're so proud of you!  :-)  You sure are getting more mobile!

This afternoon we both relaxed from being out all day.  We got home around 2pm and both of us needed to eat.  :-P  So, I changed you and gave you a bottle and then quickly ate some leftovers.  You then played with all your toys and did a lot of tummy time.  I did some laundry.  
When daddy got home, he played the guitar for you as I took a shower.  Daddy's really good at the guitar, but I'm sure you know that by now since you've listened to him play.  ;-)

Oh, you tried something new today .... oranges!  I gave you a banana/orange fruit mix, and as usual, you gobbled it up!  

Daddy didn't have soccer tonight .... his game is tomorrow night.  So, we all played on the bed and then watched some more Fraggle Rock.  :-)

Sleep tight little man!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment