Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lunch Date


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little precious!  Well, I see that daddy already told you the outcome of his game last night.  When he got home, it was after 11pm, and you were already sleeping away.  I was awake, but in bed drifting in and out.  Yes, daddy won his game last night .... but his jersey still smelled.  :-P  We did a few loads of laundry today and went ahead and cleaned his uniform.  :-)

This morning was relaxing.  Daddy helped with giving you a bottle before he left for work.  Then, you and I played on the bed with all your toys.  You did a lot of tummy time and eventually took a little 30-40 minute nap.  I took a nap with you since I didn't sleep very well last night.  Once you woke, I changed you and gave you another bottle.  Then, we packed your diaper bag and drove downtown.  :-)

We met daddy for lunch today.  :-)  We met him at his office and then walked a few blocks to a coffee shop called "The Morning Times" where Casey works (Aunt Katie's brother's girlfriend).  She still hadn't met you yet but has heard many things about you.  You smiled in the stroller while she played with your feet.  :-)

We ate lunch at a cafe not far from there.  Everywhere we tried to go was crowded, so it took us a while to find a place to sit.  After we ate, you and I went back home.  

You fell asleep in the car going home, but once we got there, you woke back up.  After another bottle, you played some more in your crib while I ran a load of laundry and cleaned your bathroom.  I cleaned the toilet, floor, sinks, drawers, and under the sinks.  Then, you started to get really fussy.  I just fed you .... why were you so fussy?  Whoa buddy .... you had a HUGE stinky diaper!  Phew!  Glad we got that figured out!  Then, you were hungry again!  So, I stopped the cleaning chore and gave you another bottle downstairs.  

We stayed downstairs and played until daddy got home.  You showed him your tummy time and how you can scoot off your blanket backwards.  :-P  Oh, you're getting pretty good at pivoting right and left on your belly.

We made a quick trip to Target tonight to get you some more formula.  I didn't want you to run out while Penny was here, though I'm sure you would have had enough for another day.  Better to be safe.  

This evening, you played with daddy and I on the bed more and did tummy time.  It's so cute when you stick your bottom straight up in the air while you're on your belly!  :-) 

Well, tomorrow I go back to work.  Penny will be here so I'm sure you two will have loads of fun.  Save a smile and kiss for me .... or two or three!  :-)

Sleep tight!

I love you more than you'll ever know!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment