Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bananas


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little precious!  I didn't have a great day today because I was away from you for the majority of it!  I left for work around 7:30am and didn't get home until around 8:45pm(ish) because of a late work meeting.  We have quarterly Provider's Meetings at work every three months, where all the doctors from all the Wake Health Services offices get together and discuss things from their departments.  Also, the CEO is there to give us updates on the organization so we can disperse the information back to our sites.  We also had a guest speaker there tonight (from DOOK -- Ahhh!) to discuss medications associated with asthma patients.

Anyway, I was tired when I got home, but you were still awake so I could still play with you for a little before bed time.  :-)  That made my day!

You and Penny had fun today.  You two went to the park and used the swings again.  You took a nap for her.  And, you took a few swallows of water out of a sippy cup!  You're getting better with the sippy cups man!  Good job!  You still can't hold them yet (nor do you hold your bottles), but I can tell you're getting stronger.

After work, you had daddy time until I got home.  You two played together and you showed off your tummy time to daddy.  :-)  Daddy, in his excitement for bananas, went ahead and gave you bananas for the first time today!  Usually, I wait and finish off all the containers of a particular fruit or veggie over a few days so we can rule out any food allergies .... you still have another container of peaches, but your daddy went straight for the bananas since he likes them!  I never told you this before .... but I do not like bananas!  :-P  You daddy loves them.  Ew!  When I was pregnant with you, I had to eat them to help with the night time calf cramps (the doctor told me to increase my potassium).  So, whenever daddy would eat a banana (which felt like every hour!), I would eat a quarter of it.  :-P  Anyway, you ate them all up which proves you and daddy are related!  :-P

Tomorrow we go to Level Four Pediatrics for a consultation concerning your plagiocephaly.  So, get some extra sleep .... I think the appointment will take an hour.

Sleep tight little man!  :-)

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment