Friday, August 27, 2010

Forty Five Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little precious man!  Today you are forty five weeks old!  Whoa!  The clock's ticking until your first birthday!  Are you getting exciting?  :-)

After a morning bottle, you and I made a quick trip to the grocery store.  We were running low on a few supplies, so we ran out while it was still cool outside.  :-)  The check out lady said that you were "a flirt" because you kept smiling and clapping your hands at everyone.  ;-)  You are so cute!  :-)

You had a little nap after lunch and I held you the entire time.  You slept on my chest and even snored a little.  :-P  You had a little runny nose this afternoon, but again no fever.  We did our sitting practice after you woke up.  You're getting better!  You still wobble back and forth, but you're able to sit by yourself for a good amount of time before falling backwards.  

I played you some songs on the mandolin this afternoon.  You stared at me and even clapped once or twice!  You're the best audience!  Thanks buddy!  

Your afternoon snack was apples and cherries!  This was the first time you've had cherries .... and it's the first time you've had a combination fruit mixture!  You gobbled the entire container!  Way to go man!  

Afterward, I gave you a nice bath!  You were fussy during bath time though.  Was the water too warm, or did you just not want a bath?  Hopefully, you'll have more fun next time.  :-)

Daddy and I got some good news today .... mommy got accepted for loan repayment for working in a community health center!  They just started to accept people who work half time, and since I dropped my hours (so I could stay home with you), I couldn't apply until now.  Daddy and Grandpa Jim have been helping me fax these forms to them these past few months and I just got the letter today that I was accepted!  What a blessing this will be for our family!  We can start saving more money each month, and it will certainly help since little peanut is on the way.  Daddy and I have been praying for this .... and our prayers have been answered!  God is good!  :-)

This evening, we watched the movie Toy Story 2 together as a family!  Daddy has it on DVD, so we watched it on his laptop on the bed.  You took a little nap during it, but then woke up at the end.  :-P  

Tomorrow is saturday!  Yippie!  That means daddy has off and we all can play together!  Woo hoo!

Sleep tight little precious!  :-)

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment