Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Elmo Hat


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little miracle!  We were able to spend some time together this morning before Penny got here.  You took a bottle before 7am, so we were playing downstairs once Penny walked through the door.  :-)

Here's what you two did today:

8:30am:  sleeping
10:15am:  walk to the park
11am:  floor time
1pm:  sleeping in crib - you fell asleep by yourself
2pm:  floor time

Penny bought you something for when you go outside .... it's an elmo hat!  It has extra protection on the sides to help block out the sun.  You wore it today when you two walked up to the play ground/park this morning.  :-)  Also, Penny hung up a finch feeder on our back deck.  She has finch that fly around her house and deck.  She hasn't seen any here yet, but once we put the feeder out, we'll see if any will fly around here too.  ;-)

You finished your container of peaches today.  You still have one more left to finish though.  

When I got home from work today, I gave you a little bottle after dinner and you fell asleep briefly in my arms.  Daddy tried to cut your nails.  We also ate some ice cream while you slept.  :-)

This evening you had a lot of play time and tummy time on the bed.  It's been one week of you sleeping through the night!  Keep it up man!  Daddy and I are so proud of you!  By the way, I always give you a "goodnight" kiss on your forehead once you fall asleep.  I'm sure that's been helping you.  ;-)

Mimi and Grandpa Mike flew to France today.  They'll be gone until around the 22nd.  Uncle Brennan and Aunt Katie are watching their cats while they're gone.  I'm sure Mimi was happy to spend some time with you yesterday before they flew out.  :-)

You fell asleep in my arms while I was feeding you barley for dinner tonight.  You were so cute!  You were smiling while you were sleeping and even made a little laugh at one point.  We've started a new thing at night of wiping your little teeth down before you go to bed.  We want to make sure you stay healthy .... and that involves your teeth too!  :-)

Tomorrow I have a meeting after work, so I won't see you for the majority of the day.  :-(  I hate being away from you!  Daddy will be here after work though, so the two of you guys can have some boy time together.  :-)  Save a smile and kiss for me!

Sleep tight!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment