Friday, July 2, 2010

Thirty Seven Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  Today you are thirty seven weeks old!  It doesn't seem that long ago when we were both in the hospital.  Time has really flown.  You'll be 9 months later in July!  Wow!

This morning, the first thing we did was some tummy time.  That must have annoyed you because you were then fussy for your barley breakfast.  :-P

Well, today is the big day!  We close on the new house!  You and I met (Great) Uncle Laurence and Mimi at the house and did a final walk through and inspection.  The sellers have moved out, so we needed to make sure things were still in good condition and nothing was damaged.  It was the first time we saw the house completely empty!  Everything looked good.  There are things that daddy and I will need to fix, or change, but nothing major that would stop the deal from going through at this point. 

After the walk through, you went with Mimi while I ran some errands.  I went to the bank to get the money for the closing (I've never seen such a big check!).  I immediately took it to the lawyer's office (Frank) so he could get things done prior to our 2pm meeting.  Then, I ran by the paint store to pick up some things to patch places in the townhouse where we've made some marks on the walls.  We want to make sure things are good for the new tenant before she moves in.  :-)

I met daddy for lunch back at the townhouse, and then we headed over to Frank's office and saw (Great) Uncle Laurence there as well.  And .... the house is ours!  We signed all the papers and we officially have our first house as a family!  How exciting! 

After the closing, daddy and I moved one thing into the new house to make it official .... my wedding bouquet!  This bouquet has a story behind it .... the flowers and lace on it were made from Gigi's wedding dress from October 29, 1977.  :-)  I love it, and it was the first thing that we moved into the new house together. 


Oh .... when I returned to the house with daddy, all the power had been shut off!  Daddy called Progress Energy, and it won't be turned on until Tuesday!  Geez!  Well, we may need to stay in the townhouse a new extra nights (the tenant won't be moving in until tuesday). 

After daddy and I left the new house, we met up with you and Mimi at the nail salon.  You spent the day playing with Mimi at her house before going to Mimi's apppointment.  Pam, the hair dresser, stuck your hair up really cute!  ;-)  So, you got styled as well.  :-)

Oh .... I forgot to mention .... we got our first piece of mail at the new house.  Remember how we sent our friends some baby gifts that we got from Chapel Hill?  Well, we got a thank you card in the mail at the new house! 

We stopped at Gigi's house on the way home to pick up some boxes.  We have a moving truck reserved for tomorrow morning, so daddy and I spent the evening packing.  You played with your toys and did tummy time. 

Sleep tight little man .... tomorrow is a big day moving!

I love you very much! 

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment