Monday, July 12, 2010

Nap Time?


Dearest Joshua David~

This morning I woke up to the sound of your rattle!  We don't leave toys in your bed, but this one must have slipped in by accident.  I thought you were kicking around in your sleep and hitting the rattle, so I got up to move it so that you won't wake up.  But, when I leaned in and looked at you .... you were wide awake smiling at me with a firm grip on that rattle!  

You are more sweet potatoes today.  At this rate, you'll finish them tomorrow and then we will be able to move on to squash.  

You had your physical therapy appointment today.  Eliza came over and said your sitting is improving.  You definitely tolerated your exercises more today than the past weeks.  When on your belly, you can easily pivot to the right to follow a toy that you want.  You're not that mobile trying to go to the left, but both of us can see improvement.  

You played with your feet a lot today!  It was so cute!  At one point, I picked up the camera to take a photo .... you saw me pick it up and you slowly let go of one foot .... I hide the camera a little and you went back to playing with your feet .... then I snapped a shot!  Ha!  :-)


We did a really quick bank run this afternoon to make a deposit.  It was hot out, so I didn't want you out there for long.  When we got home, we walked around the house on the yard just to stretch our legs.  We still haven't seen the deer that Penny saw, but I'm sure they'll come back out again.

You had several larger poopy diapers today!  Phew!  

You also did a lot of play time, floor time, and tummy time.  You were very active today and didn't take much of a nap at any point.  Just very small cat naps for a few minutes.  I tried to clean and organize the kitchen, but since you were so active, you won't let me.  :-P

You appear to be doing ok with the larger size nipples.  You dibble a little more, but that's fine.  :-)

This evening, we went to ACE Hardware to get some things to bolt the bookshelves to the wall.  Once you become more mobile, I don't want you to use the shelves at ladders!  You fell asleep in the carrier as I walked around the store.  Then, we came home and you played on the bed and showed daddy your tummy time.  :-)

Sleep tight little one!

I love you my little Joshua!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment