Friday, July 16, 2010

Thirty Nine Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Today you are thirty nine weeks old .... and .... you are nine months old!  I can't believe nine months ago today we were in Wake Med Hospital and you were born!  The memory of it all is still so fresh that it feels like just the other day!  

You were such a pill with your rice cereal at breakfast this morning!  I don't know if you've ever been this difficult!  It was a real struggle to get you to eat!  At one point, I even yelled, "Joshua!" and you looked and stared at me!  Hummm, do you know and recognize your own name?  I'm sorry I yelled .... you eventually ate all 4 tablespoons of it.  

After breakfast, you took a little nap.  I emptied your diaper container.  Ew and Phew!  

Gigi and (Great) Uncle David came over at lunch to see you and the house.  They brought over sandwiches and we all got to visit for about an hour.  :-)

This afternoon, we just relaxed together and you played with toys and did your tummy time.  We also did your neck exercises.  Then, we met daddy and Gigi at "Babies R Us" to look at some things for you.  I walked around with you in the carrier.  You were very talkative at first, and then you fell asleep!

We went home for dinner and you had your squash and oatmeal.  Daddy fed you this time and you were cooperative.  What's up with that?  :-P

After dinner, you, daddy, and I took a trip to Target for groceries.  Again, I walked around with you in the carrier, but this time you cried and wailed!  I eventually walked you outside while daddy finished the shopping.  We watched the lightning in the distance and listened to the thunder.  It was getting breezy like a storm was getting closer and you started to fall asleep.  Once you fell asleep, I walked back in the store with you and we found daddy.  :-)

This evening, you played on the bed with toys until bed time.  You slept well last night .... please continue the sleeping for us!

Sleep tight little one!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment