Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sweet Potatoes


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little miracle!  

Well, daddy got his car inspected early this morning and it passed!  Woo hoo!  You and I stayed here and had some barley for breakfast.  :-)  Remember how the car didn't pass the first time because it needed all those repairs?  Well, it cost a fortune, but the car is all fixed and we won't have to worry about that for a while.  :-)

Gigi and Grandpa Jim came over today and helped clean and move some things for us.  They also played with you and held you.  :-)  Gigi took some of our laundry to wash since we still don't have a washer or dryer.  

The remaining dirty clothes we then took over to Mimi's house.  Mimi and Grandpa Mike are out of town, so we checked on their cats, did laundry, and watched the 3rd place game for the World Cup.  Germany won.  Tomorrow is the final game to see who has the best soccer team in the world!  Will it be the Netherlands or Spain?  Hummmm .... neither country has won a World Cup title before, so it will be an exciting game.  :-)

After the game, we left one more load of laundry there to do for tomorrow (when we check on the cats again and watch the final game), and then came back here to clean and unpack more.  I think we're really making head way on unpacking things .... the house is looking more like a home!  ;-)

You continued to play with your toys, do tummy time, and look cute as daddy and I unpacked.  :-)

Guess what you tried today .... you had sweet potatoes for the first time!  Yummmy!  Daddy and I both like sweet potatoes .... I like any potatoes really!  In fact, when I was pregnant with you, I ate a lot of potatoes and we started to call you "Spud" for fun!  Anyway, you gobbled them down (half a container worth).  I had to stop you since we're suppose to start slowly to check for food allergies.  If I hadn't stopped you, you probably would have eaten the whole 3.5 oz!  You must take after your Irish mother .... you like potatoes!  ;-)

Well, tomorrow is another fun filled day so get some rest!

Sleep tight little man! 

I love you my little Joshua!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment