Friday, May 7, 2010

Twenty Nine Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man.  Today you are twenty nine weeks old!  Time is really flying by!  It seems like only yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital.  :-)

This morning you took your normal bottle and rested on me as I relaxed on the bed.  Then, you stirred a little, lifted your head up, and completely threw up on me!  You must have thrown up the majority of that bottle!  It went all down my shirt and only a little got on you.  :-P  I had already changed your outfit at that point, so I ended up giving you a nice bath and changed you once again.  :-P  Whew!  Once that was over, you played all around and smiled at me!  :-)

A physical therapist came over today, Eliza, to take a look at you and to do some exercises to help your neck muscles.  She turned you in different directions and held you in different positions.  She was impressed with your head control and liked how you were transferring toys with hands.  She didn't notice any tilting of your head (which is good), only the rotation (how you like to favor the right side).  She also said you had nice balance!  You got fussy during the middle of it and I had to give you a little bottle just to calm you.  She wants to see you weekly to help with exercises, so we're starting on monday to get into a schedule.  So, this weekend I'm going to work hard with tummy times to help you.  :-)


This evening, we met up with your Gigi for dinner.  We went to Chick-Fil-A and called your (Great) Uncle Laurence.  We have a verbal agreement with the sellers of the house we're looking at, so tomorrow we're going to meet up with him to sign papers to try to make things official.  We're that much closer at getting a house, little man!  

This evening we played and did tummy time.  You're getting stronger and you're starting to pivot on your belly a little during tummy times.  :-)  I wonder when you'll roll over for the first time ....

Tomorrow, you, daddy, and I are doing the Promise Walk to help raise funds and awareness for the Preeclampsia Foundation.  They're going to recognize you and me as survivors.  I think it'll be nice to see other women and children who have gone through what we have.  Our team name is "Joshua's Joggers"  and we have raised $165!  :-)  Go us!

Sleep tight little precious!  We have a big day tomorrow. 

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment